Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 9:14:15 AM EDT
Anybody tried the plus p ammo from MFS? Aim has it on their website http://www.aimsurplus.com/

I use the standard MFS 45acp through my Kimber TLE and love it. Wondered if this stuff is safe to use through the same.
Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]
This is ammo that used to be subcontracted out to Fiocchi.  Esentialy it is regular Fiocchi ammo.

I think it rates 975 fps. This is top of the line ammo.  We have sold it by the case to competitive shooters, and I have shoot cases myself.  It has good brass for reloading, and is very accurate.

I would rate this ammo the same as IMI in quality.  The .40 S & W is the same thing, it is former Fiocchi subcontracts.  Now they just put their own name on it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
obershutze916
Thank you.  Do you see any problem using the +P 975 fps through the kimber?  I remember some discussion in the past about using hirt +p 9mm through pistols when it was intended for subguns.
Thanks for your advice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not that familiar with the Kimber.  If it has a steel frame I wouldn't worry about it though. Others can answer that batter than I.

The Hirt was sub-gun ammo, this is simply a "hot" .45acp round. It is not nearly as hot in comparison.

I shoot it in my customized Colt, my little Firestar, and have used it in the Camp carbine just fine.

We sell it by the case to IPSC shooters, and have heard not a single complaint from anyone else.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if the .40S&W that they claim to be +P really is so or is it more of a marketing claim.  I was under the impression that there is no such thing as +P .40S&W ammo due to the small margin for error with the corresponding pressure curve with this caliber.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a recent addition to their line.  This was a Fiocchi produced round exclusivly until MFS started making it for them.

It is a 170 grain truncated cone bullet at 1,150fps.

To give a comparison, I load 155 grain Truncated cone to the same velocity, and it is the hottest load any reloading book I have will show.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
obershutze916
Thank you.  Do you see any problem using the +P 975 fps through the kimber?  I remember some discussion in the past about using hirt +p 9mm through pistols when it was intended for subguns.
Thanks for your advice.
View Quote

The subgun Hirts are +P+
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top