Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/23/2003 7:59:13 AM EDT
I think it's time to start adding some of the POSITIVE posts there have been lately to the "Questions about Maine Cartridge Company?" post. I've seen far more positive posts in the last 30 days than negative.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/23/2003 11:43:41 AM EDT by Dano523]
I plan on getting some of the ammo and see for myself. Considering that I am one of the many people that burns Wolf 223 ammo by the pallet, and most people at this site hate the Wolf ammo, I will reserve my input on the MMC ammo until I get a chance to run this ammo, and not base my opinion on second/third hand information.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:33:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dano523: I plan on getting some of the ammo and see for myself. Considering that I am one of the many people that burns Wolf 223 ammo by the pallet, and most people at this site hate the Wolf ammo, I will reserve my input on the MMC ammo until I get a chance to run this ammo, and not base my opinion on second/third hand information.
View Quote
Now THAT'S the way to do it. I really don't give much of what the people on this sight say about ammo because most of the EXPERTS advice I've heard has been wrong (at least for me). I've bought every type of ammo that many on this forum say not to and it works perfect for me (with one exception and I fixed that). Buy some, try it, find out for yourself. Don't be scared when your hear the steel case, lacquer, blown primer, etc, etc, etc will ruin your gun because the simple fact is, IT WON'T. Yes, I'll probably get flamed by people with 5 times as many post as I have (which doesn't mean s#$t) so take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:43:33 AM EDT
DaPhotoGuy, "Seeing for myself" is more than just putting the ammo in a rifle and finding out if it goes bang. I plan on pulling down rounds and checking the QC and components out. Then I will start testing it at the range for grouping, and FPS deviation. If the ammo does not pass QC in my gunroom, it will never see one of my rifles. This is something that I did with Wolf ammo, long before I every put the ammo in a rifle. As for wolf ammo, it has it's downfalls, one being that it will group around 2"-4" depending on the rifle. The problem in not the steel case, it's somewhat the ball powder, and more so the bullets. If you pull down 10 Wolf bullets and check the bottoms of the bullets (tips), you will see that the lead at the base of the bullet/jacket is not uniform, and some of the bullets have lead exposed on the side tail of the base. This leads to lead getting into the rifling, and causes deviations in FPS of the following rounds until the lead is blown out of the barrel by the next round. But, when you’re bursting into a target, the little differences in deviation of FPS of the bullet takes a major back set to holding on target. Also consider the fact that you are hard pressed to load as cheap as you can buy Wolf ammo, it's ideal for heavy volume shooters. Wolf ammo has it's following, it's just not by the bench/match shooters. If the MMC ammo turns out to be as good as some of the factory ammo offered, and can hold it's quality control from lot to lot, it may be the next great source for inexpensive USA brass case ammo that only costs $130/1K.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:58:27 AM EDT
Do they have a web site?.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:11:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stevester: Do they have a web site?.
View Quote
I always purchase mine from [url]http://www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_maine.htm#223[/url] If you order fom Maine directly you never know when you will get it. If the AmunitionStore says it is in stock, it is. I guess Maine is a small time supplier that runs ammo in small batchs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:12:51 PM EDT
I've fired 1K of MCC through my rifle, no problems.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:51:13 PM EDT
Anyone tried their 40S&W?
Top Top