Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:45:51 PM EDT
Bought three cases of ammo.

1 case of Federal XM193 for $173.00 (shipped)
1 case of Olympic M193 for 139.00
1 case of Maine Cartridge for 140.00 or so.

I know I'm gonna hear flames for the Maine and the Olympic, but I've had a 0.0% failure rate with 1000 rounds of Maine, and three failures out of 1250 founds of Olympic.  

I think I'm becoming an ammo whore.  I still have another 750 assorted rounds laying around the house, the office, my trunk, etc.  

I also am set to receive a new upper this week, a 16 inch M4 RRA with an ARMS 40 flip up and a flip up front sight too.  I'll post some pics when I get back in town, after I mate it to my Bushmaster lower.  Would that make it a "RockMaster"?  I'm thinking about a Cavalry Arms lower to go with my new upper.  We'll see, after I burn through this ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get the XM193?.

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got some xm193 at [url]www.sportsmansguide.com[/url] for that price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bought three cases of ammo.

1 case of Federal XM193 for $173.00 (shipped)
1 case of Olympic M193 for 139.00
1 case of Maine Cartridge for 140.00 or so.

I know I'm gonna hear flames for the Maine and the Olympic, but I've had a 0.0% failure rate with 1000 rounds of Maine, and three failures out of 1250 founds of Olympic.  

I think I'm becoming an ammo whore.  I still have another 750 assorted rounds laying around the house, the office, my trunk, etc.  

I also am set to receive a new upper this week, a 16 inch M4 RRA with an ARMS 40 flip up and a flip up front sight too.  I'll post some pics when I get back in town, after I mate it to my Bushmaster lower.  Would that make it a "RockMaster"?  I'm thinking about a Cavalry Arms lower to go with my new upper.  We'll see, after I burn through this ammo.
View Quote

I've used a lot of Maine Cartridge with ZERO problems myself.  Makes you wonder sometimes if some people on this forum have an "agenda" or something.  Oh well, they work GREAT for me and if low sales keeps the price at $135 per 1k all the better for me I guess.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I did get the M193 at sportsman's guide.  Join the buyers club, it makes things cheaper!  I plan on buying way more than enough ammo to compensate for the cost.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top