Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:31:41 AM EDT
We all know that a proper muzzle brake can make a rifle truly miserable to shoot from the muzzle blast and noise, particularly with a short barrel. The question is, does a good pre-ban flash suppresor act in a good, bad, or indifferant manner for the same problem? Firing a post ban 16 inch 5.56 can be tough to take, so I was wondering if a pre-ban might have an edge here (and yes, I do wear hearing protction). Maybe the best solution is a totally slick barrel for post ban guns? Any users have an opinion?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
well as you know standing abreast of someone shooting a "good" break will make you feel like your face is melting off.  a crowned muzzle is the best and a vortex, phantom or birdcage is somewhere in between.  i would say they are all about 2/3rds as bad as a break.  everything will kill your ears but standing between two guys each with breaks without wearing both plugs and muffs is nauseatingly loud.  i can hack standing between two flash hiders with just plugs w/o it killing my ears.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I rather have no MB that that fucking noise.

But to asnwer your Q, a Flash hider is MUCH less noise than a MB!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top