Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:31:41 AM EDT
We all know that a proper muzzle brake can make a rifle truly miserable to shoot from the muzzle blast and noise, particularly with a short barrel. The question is, does a good pre-ban flash suppresor act in a good, bad, or indifferant manner for the same problem? Firing a post ban 16 inch 5.56 can be tough to take, so I was wondering if a pre-ban might have an edge here (and yes, I do wear hearing protction). Maybe the best solution is a totally slick barrel for post ban guns? Any users have an opinion?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:46:12 AM EDT
well as you know standing abreast of someone shooting a "good" break will make you feel like your face is melting off. a crowned muzzle is the best and a vortex, phantom or birdcage is somewhere in between. i would say they are all about 2/3rds as bad as a break. everything will kill your ears but standing between two guys each with breaks without wearing both plugs and muffs is nauseatingly loud. i can hack standing between two flash hiders with just plugs w/o it killing my ears.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:46:49 AM EDT
Hell, I rather have no MB that that fucking noise. But to asnwer your Q, a Flash hider is MUCH less noise than a MB!
Top Top