Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2003 4:23:25 PM EDT
I have a number of ammo cans of .30-06 M2 Ball, Lake City manufacture circa late 60's.  The ammo is in the carton in 20 round cardboard boxes, I think it's maybe 400 rounds per can?  

Anyone want to guesstimate value?

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
South Korean 30-06 M2 ball surplus (I think from the 1970's) goes for just under $5 per box. You can use that for a basis.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
CMP sold this ammo for about 25 cents a round on clips.

400 rounds per "50-cal" can was the standard unclipped package.

Some (if not most) LC69 stocks were ARVN-loaded with less powder than standard M2 Ball and marginal rifles may not cycle properly.  Second round failure to feed (bolt closing on an empty chamber) is a common stoppage with worn M1 Rifles (op rod piston) and ARVN-loaded ammo.  

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This stuff is LC66 if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
CMP price was about $ 98 a can shipped so around there is a fair price..
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top