Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 8:08:06 AM EDT
I just purchased 1,600 rounds of this stuff for my M1A..  Miwallcorp out of Grass Valley.  They advertise $132.95 for 800 rounds.  Shipping at almost #70 lbs. would probably be alot.  Show price was seven dollars more.  With sales tax and $8 fee to get into show.  I paid $302 + $8 = $310 divided by two = $155 per 800 rounds.  Thats .194 per shot.  that would be $193.75 if it was 1,000 rounds.  Lets hope it shoot good.  It is loaded on stripper clips and bandeloirs.  Also, four steel ammo boxes per crate.  I felt it was reasonable priced.   any others have experience with this ammo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything I've read about the Aussie ammo is good.  Better than either S.A. or Port.  On the 10th I ordered 3 cases (800 rds each) from [url]www.militaryshooters.com[/url] for $130 per case.  Shipping on all 3 cases to Michigan was $49, that's just over 18 cents per round.  Shipping on 1 or 2 cases would have been $27 each.  It was delivered this morning.

Edited to say ... visit [url]www.falfiles.com[/url] under the ammunition section and you'll see tons of positive feedback.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a little bit.  [:D]
[img]http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/29627026.jpg[/img]

I was dissapointed that the show price was a little higher than the internet price though. Still cheaper than having it shipped to me even after paying the state their 8.8% extortion fee.

I plan on picking up a couple of cans at every show I see Miwall at until the stop bringing it.

BTW [url]www.ammoman.com[/url] ships 1000rds to you for $200.  No crate and no cans at that price.  The cans are pretty nice, but the crate is really useless.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not order now, unless it's a cash flow issue?  For my 18 cents a round I also got (per case) four ammo cans, sixteen bandoliers, and lotsa stripper clips.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Has Ammoman actually shipped anything yet?

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has Ammoman actually shipped anything yet?
View Quote

I had a case of the ADI .308 ordered from Eric since July 4. He advised it is hung up in Customs. As I read his response to my e-mail, he doesn't have a delivery date at this time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I had a case of the ADI .308 ordered from Eric since July 4. He advised it is hung up in Customs. As I read his response to my e-mail, he doesn't have a delivery date at this time.
View Quote

Yeah, and you can't order it now either. I guess I'll either get a case or I won't. In the meantime, www.militaryshooters.com seems to be on the ball.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top