Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2003 10:17:22 AM EDT
I think this is the "canned heat" ammo, if I'm not mistaken.
(not to be confused with Georgia Precision)< thats the Black Hills good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
About 2 or 3 years ago I bought 1k rounds of 223 55gr FMJ from them.  I thought it was decent ammo and I've never heard a complain here.  The reason I've never bought any more from them is that I can get new Winchester or Lake City FMJ ammo at the same or better price.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Ga. Arms sells reloads.  If you don't mind shooting someone else's reloads, go ahead.

I bought 200 rds of 45ACP from them several years ago. Their price was about the same as I could do loading my own, so I wanted to try them.  I was getting backed out primers and a few blown primers. These are signs of excess headspace in 45ACP. Measured the fired cases and they were under min length as specified in my reloading manuals. No problems in either of my guns with factory or my own loads.

I called them and they denied ever having a problem, and refused to make good on the ammo.  No exchange or refund.

After several calls and associated runaround, I just gave up.  Threw more than 150 rounds away.  Brass was too short to reload, so not even worth pulling the stuff down.

If I see these folks at a funshow now, I might buy some components from them, if they have the best price, but I will only buy and shoot reloads I roll myself from now on.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used about 500 rounds of their 9mm (subsonic 147gr) and think it's great stuff.  I shoot it through my suppressed Uzi and the point of impact is the same as shooting Winchester without a suppressor. I can't comment on anything else as I've only used their 9mm.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a lot of their .32 H&R magnum.  No problems at all and they are by far the best price for this.
Lloyd
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My dept has shoot over 30,000 rd of the canned heat 223, we average 10 bad rounds per 1000 shot. not the best record but we get it cheap.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot maybe 3000 rounds of their .223 ammo and have never had a single bad round.

It's de-milled stuff, not reloads that I buy.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top