Fellow will sell to me for $135

Thanks in Advance!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd  buy it if you didn't

TXL
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I would guess it is malaysian, by the lot # markings and the presence of the wire seal.  Made in 1981 which would jive with the year range that was surplused by Malaysia.  

Malaysian ammo has sort of a weird rep.  Some people with tell you it's hot, has a large muzzle flash, corroded or tarnished cases, and/or poor quality control.  Other people will tell you it's hot, highly reliable, accurate, and the brass is considered great to reload.  Generally though, it has a pretty good rep.  One thing is for certain, the ammo is hot, 3250 fps out of a 16" barrel, hot.  In other words, you can get the performance of a 20" barrel with a 16" barrel by shooting this ammo.

As for my experience with it, it was hot, very reliable, very low muzzle flash, but I did find small spots of corrosion on some cases.  The corrosion wasn't as bad as some guatemalan that I bought, and it wasn't bad enough to cause any concern over safety issues.  I would definitely buy it for that price, being that it is still in a sealed can should mean it is in pretty good condition.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top