Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2003 12:43:54 PM EDT
1000 rnds of .223 Wolf is $129 shipped from Ammoman. It seems like a lot of places have gone up in price. Is there a reason for the rise in price? Can I expect it to come back down?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
1000 rounds of Wolf .223 55gr or 62gr FMJ can also be $97 and shipped for $12-$15 dollars.

$99 is average for the stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I find that the advertiesd "shipped" prices tend on average to be higher than buying from a cheaper place that is close by and pay for the actual shipping.  Find a vendor closer to you or go to a good show; Wolf is $80-$99 still (unless you buy in quantity).
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
1000 rnds of .223 Wolf is $129 shipped from Ammoman. It seems like a lot of places have gone up in price. Is there a reason for the rise in price? Can I expect it to come back down?
View Quote

Yes, the price will come back down as soon as you stop looking at Ammoman.

Both Ammoman and Cheaperthandirt of often quoted as a 'best price' quote, when in fact they ALWAYS run much more expensive then places like AIM, SOG, Centerfire, Century etc. I have to think the employees do a LOT of that type of advertising on the internet, showing up in forums and saying they are happy customers...

In reality the 2 places stink and are often among the most expensive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing with the "shipping included" is shipping based on what?  Ammoman for example is in NJ so that pretty much means that to break even, he must base the shipping on central US.  Meaning?  If you live close to NJ you are paying part of my shipping costs.

All "shipping included" means to me is that someone else is getting screwed on shipping.

Shop smart, email your favorite dealers that don't have realtime order/shipping info and get a quote.  Then compare and buy.

MM
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
9 posts, and ammoman stinks.

Wonder how many posts are out there saying the ammoman delivers exatly what he advertises.

He supports this board with some great giveaways.

He never said he was the cheapest, just the best.

I'm afraid the vast majority of people here who use him agree, and they post their tales.  Not his employees.  

If you have a problem with ammoman, you might mention the specific problem.  He is a customer service guy, you might be suprised.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My problem is that he wants $129 for a 1000 rnds of wolf. I have ordered twice from them and it was fast and exactly as ordered. However it was not worth $130.

I'm a big supporter of ammoman I just wanted to know why his prices were going up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He never said he was the cheapest, just the best.
View Quote

Agreed, but I've seen several people on this board (myself included) who have posted asking for the cheapest deals on ammo and there is always someone that names ammoman.

And what exactly makes him the best? I ordered a case of Q3131A from Midway and it was delivered in 3 days for $28.00 less than ammoman. What would I have gained by paying an extra $28 so I could order it from the "best". I also bought a case of Wolf from my local gun store. Even after our 9.25% sales tax, it was still cheaper than ammoman and I recieved instant delivery.

I am not bashing ammoman, from all I've read he runs an excellent business with A++ customer service. But the fact is you can get ammo cheaper at other places and still recieve A++ customer service. And if saving money is not a high priority, why not just buy locally, you get instant delivery and can deal with them face to face.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I find that [url]www.ammunitionstore.com[/url] has excellent customer service.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey you get a free t-shirt from them.. How could I loose??
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top