Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2002 1:39:54 PM EDT
For all you 9mm AR15 carbine users,  what kind of ammo do you feed your guns?  I bought a case of Blazer since they were on sale for less than $100.  However,  they are very inconsistent in my carbine. I get jams every 3 or 4 rounds.  I'm using Colt and modified UZI mags.  The Hirtenberger subgun ammo runs just fine.  However,  I don't want to use up what I have left since I can't find these anymore.

Any suggestions?  Wideners has the Greek 124gr on sale including shipping.  Has anybody use this on their carbines?

Thanks in advance ...

Booker  
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the 9mm 115grn Winchester.  It's a "Wally World" special for 10.89/100, and runs like a champ.  I also use the 147grn Federal and Winchester loads with the suppressor.  

It's been my experience that the Colt likes the hot stuff.  I would stay away from the Blazer in a blow-back weapon; you might come up missing a case rim.  I've also heard that the Greek 124grn is a little on the anemic side and does'nt run very well in the Colt 9mm.

I'd go with the Winchester; you won't find anything cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
124gr Hirtenberger FMJ +P+ sub-gun ammo for practice and Winchester Ranger SXT 127gr +P for defense.

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the Wally world Value pack. Although John(prideboss) i bought my 9 from told me he uses the greek stuff without any problems.
DD
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
booker3557,
 I have had trouble with the greek 124gr and the 115gr greek.  I think the walmart stuff is best.  thank you
GL
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top