Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2002 6:01:12 PM EDT
Next time at the range, bring some brass ammo with you (better bring a cleaning rod along for the ride).  Fire both the Wolf and the brass.

Now pick up the fired brass, drop it into the chamber and release the bolt.  Now cycle it.  Stuck a little I bet, but you could do it.

Now pick up the fired Wolf, drop it into the chamber and release the bolt.  Now cycle it.    Use two hands if you have to.  Every last bit of that force is being exerted on the little extractor.  I doubt that's good for it.

When I did this w/ a CZ-75, I wasn't strong enough to cycle it.  I had to use two hands and slam the front of the pistol against a plastic box to get it to cycle.  I did it a few times just to be sure it wasn't a fluke.  Same problem with the Silver Bear (Steel) ammo.  Blazer and brass cycled fine.

-Lazy
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i can buy a lot of extractors with the savings.

NEXT!  

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
the wolf 7.62x54 that I got today has brass colored cases. doesn't look at all like the other wolf I've seen
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I've fired lots of brass cased and steel cased Wolf together and seperately without any problems at all.

Maybe your problem is you're shooting with fired cases. I've never had your problem as I've never used fired cases in my rifles as they aren't as much fun when you pull the trigger and it's harder to hit the target.

Engineer stop thinking so hard about it and have fun shooting. Like AR15forfun said you can buy alot of extractors with the money savings but after a few thousand rounds of Wolf and no extractor problems, I don't think they are needed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Why were you trying to shoot already fired cases?  What should this prove?  All cases swell in the chamber after being fired.
The fact that you would own blazer ammo nulifies the arguement to me.

Stop being an engineer and have some fun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Ammoman said it all .
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Ammoman, I am glad you have had good service with Wolf. We talked to them as a dealer out at the SHOT show, their only question was "how much ammo do you need?"  When we told them a  hundred cases a month they literaly laughed and turned to someone else.

Since then we stopped carring it do to that incident. We now carry the Klimovostock (Brown/Silver Bear)  Pretty much the same stuff, slightly lower quality, but for some reason our customers like it better.  

Incidentaly, we can not give away steel cased ammo in 7.62 X 39 in our area.  Guys verything else, but not the AK fodder, go figure.

[Rant mode off.]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Lazyengineer- Interesting experiment.. So you chose to drop a fired casing into a decent handgun, and your remedy to clear it involved bludgeoning the shit out of it on the side of a box..

I too own a nice CZ-75. I try to avoid feeding it fired casings, as it is a bit pointless..It digests LOADED Wolf ammunition just fine.

Meplat-
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top