Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2002 7:34:28 AM EDT
I know this ammo is not .223 related, but I want some answers/opinions from those who may know a thing or two about ammo. In the latest Sportsmansguide "Shooters" catalog, they list a new Wolf ammo for .380. Instead of the case being laquered, this case is "varnished". How do the two compare? Good/Bad?? It's pretty inexpensive at $4.97/50 rounds. TIA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:17:04 AM EDT
I assume that "varnished" really means "laquered." It looks just like the stuff I have. I have used Wolf and Silver Bear .380 ammo in a Walther PPK/S and had no problems that I can recall. YMMV.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:12:47 PM EDT
In the photo it shows, the "varnish" is not green like the laquer on it's .223 rounds, but appears more gold or tan. I've not shot Silver Bear so I don't know what the laquer looks like.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:01:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Treelo:
In the photo it shows, the "varnish" is not green like the laquer on it's .223 rounds, but appears more gold or tan. I've not shot Silver Bear so I don't know what the laquer looks like.

sounds like copperwashed? i believe thats the term for it. ammo
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:34:09 PM EDT
Its good plinking ammo but that is about it. Some guys really like the stuff and get great accuracy with it. When we sell it, I make no claim above "plinking ammo"

Never had a complaint about it not working.
Top Top