Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2002 12:35:28 PM EDT
Has anyone had experience with the performance of both these in their rifle; accuracy wise as well as reliability?

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
In my experiance, the BH 52Gn Match HP is the most acccurate load in the entire Black Hills product line.

I doubt the Federal Am-Eagle load will compete. It does have a very good reputation though. I will be testing the entire .223 Am-Eagle product (50Gn HP, 55Gn FMJ, & 62Gn FMJ) line in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,

I am very interested in the results of your test with American Eagle!  

I too have found BH 52gr HP to be more accurate than BH 68gr HP in my rifle for our reduced 100 yd matches.  The problem is we pay around $220 per 1000 for BH 68gr through our club as CMP ammo while the best price I have found for the BH 52gr is $322.  However, Ammoman has AE 50 gr HP for $229 per 1000 so if it is close to the BH, I was thinking of going that way.  I've got a couple of boxes ordered to try myself but was just wondering what others were seeing.

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill,

The Fed AE 50 gr .223 is very reliable and accurate ammo. Whether or not it is as accurate as the BH, I don't know. But it will get the job done.

On another note, I have a friend who uses this as his general purpose ammo. I keep telling him that lightweight load isn't any good for self defense or medium sized game. But he and his Mini-14 Ranch bring in a whitetail buck every year using this very ammo! I guess the deer don't know or care about the minor differences in bullet weight...lol.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top