Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2002 3:25:36 PM EDT
i have a keltec p32 that i carry when i can't carry the glock or want something small.
for the last year or so, i've carries silvertips in it, and every 6 months or so, i shoot my carry ammo, and reload it with new stuff.  NEVER hada problem.

in fact, the ONLY, FTF, FTE or other probs i had with this gun (about 2,000 rds so far, no kidding) was from some hornady stuff i got when i first purchased the pistol.

my question is, i want to be open to other ammo choices, what do/have you carried in it, and what is the info on the loads, and their effectiveness.
thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Cor Bon has the best expansion rate for the
Kel Tec P-32.

Check it out.
www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/32acp/gel32acp.htm
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cor Bon has the best expansion rate for the
Kel Tec P-32.

Check it out.
www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/32acp/gel32acp.htm

yes, it does, but it's a little hot for my tastes.  as i said, i like to shoot my carry ammo every six months or so, to rotate it, but mainly so i can determine consistent point of aim, don't know if the thing would still be ticking if i had put 1k plus of corbons through her!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I like the Gold Dots.  I did a VERY unscientific shot into gelatin with a Gold Dot with my P7K3, and was thoroughly impressed.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
A former SBS guy I trained with made an interesting point on .32s and .380s:  you may want to consider ball ammo.  The problem with that lightweight ammo is more likely to be underpenetration.  If you get a heart hit or lung hit with the .32 you want it to count, and if it has to break through an arm or rib to get there, you want it to make it (not mushroom into somehting comparatively hamless).
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Corbons in mine, but I shot it into a shallow stream and the jacket separated.  Publius is right about underpenetration.  

I compensate by changing my plan "A" response from 2 to the thoracic cavity to three to the cranio-ocular cavity with the pea-shooter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Know Your Limitations.....and the limitations of your firearm/ammo.

I carry the Winchester Silvertips, and am very pleased with their function/performance in my Keltec.  I change my shooting philosophy when carrying the .32 as opposed to other calibers.  If I pull it, you eat the whole mag.  I'll access the situation while I'm reloading.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
You might want to consider the Fiocchi 60gr.HP
load-its hot and works well in both Keltec and
NAA Guardian.Shoot till the threat is neutralized-this holds for a 32 OR a 45!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shoot till the threat is neutralized-this holds for a 32 OR a 45!

I agree with that principle in general.  But, what about your after-action drills, etc?  Single threat gets a plan "A" reponse, multiples get one each.  Quick check, final check, scan.  Failure to stop drill as needed, also known as shoot until the threat is neutralized.

What if you are emptying your .32 into your attacker, and AFTER your gun is empty and you are assessing the target you discover that this has failed to stop him AND he has a buddy you didn't see at first due to tunnel vision.  Now you are behind the curve.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top