Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2002 10:37:52 AM EDT
I saw that they have Hirt 308 on their website. Has anyone purchased any of this from KY Imports? I have never dealt with them..
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought my Hirtenberger .308 from a different supplier; it is mint, boxer-primed, and accurate. I've bought other ammo from KY Imports and am very satisfied with the product and service.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Hirtenberg stuff the 308 "fragmenting" stuff? I have a feeling it isn't because I thought that stuff was as rare now as hen's teeth.

What was that 308 fragging stuff? I believe it was German made, thin jacketed FMJ stuff that is very desireable now....

Anyone know????
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the Hirtenberg stuff the 308 "fragmenting" stuff? I have a feeling it isn't because I thought that stuff was as rare now as hen's teeth.

What was that 308 fragging stuff? I believe it was German made, thin jacketed FMJ stuff that is very desireable now....

Anyone know???? hr

Not FMJ but... http://www.ammoman.com/images/308_155_TAP_1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Anyone know????

Nope.  It's not the same stuff.  First of all, Hirt is made in Hirtenberg, Austria, not Germany.

Secondly, the stuff you're thinking of has a DAG headstamp.  I have about 900 rounds of it.  Excellent ammo, but I'm saving it.  Like you said, it's hard to find.

And yes, I do have experience with the Hirt from KYImports.  I got it quickly and without any hassle, although they aren't exactly cheap.  Still, I would order more.

Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
KY imports is a #1 company in my experience.
The hirtenberg ammo is very accurate and consistant in both my M1a and FAL.s...and is reloadable. It is from Austria and in wood crates...costs a little more but you are paying for clean accurate reloadable stuff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey brou, is this the one with a DAG headstamp? The one on the left. Any other 7.62 NATO out there that performs similarly?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey brou, is this the one with a DAG headstamp? The one on the left.

Yup, that's the one.

Any other 7.62 NATO out there that performs similarly?

There are no others that I'm aware of.

Lemme see if I can get a pic of the headstamp for you guys.

[Edit] Here ya go:

Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Last year I bought my .308 Hirtenberger from AIM for $138.00 per-1000rds. Had to buy 5000rds at a time to bring the price to $ 138.00 but now I wish I had bought more. AR10’s love this stuff, my sons FN SPR hates it.

THISISME
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Folks,

What does the BF headstamp on NATO rounds stand for?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top