Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2002 7:49:38 PM EDT
Can Bushmaster, Armalite cycle it? Just a quick answer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a box of my own 52gr BTHP match handloads through my Bushmaster postban M4 with zero problems. It ate 'em right up.

I've also heard of a lot of AR shooters praising the Winchester 45gr hp's that are in the 40rd value packs etc.. So it must not be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
ALL my AR's will cycle both Black Hills BTHP's in 52gr and 68gr....  and the Winchester white box varmint 45gr stuff....

except...

Sometimes, on my RRA and one of my bushmasters, on a fully loaded 20 round mag, when it strips from the right side of the mag on the first round only, it will fail to feed, cramming the bullet back in the case because it did not ride up the feed ramp, and hung instead.

If I load 19 rounds, it never happens.  

This only occurs on hollow point ammo, FMJ always feed great, no matter the situation.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top