Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 2:05:32 AM EDT
What ammo would you folks recommend for a Springfield M1A National Match rifle? I know that match loads are the best accuracy wise, but they are too expensive to stock many rounds of this. What would be a good alternative that would provide good accuracy, yet not be so expensive? Would Federal American Eagle 150 gr FMJBT be a good choice? Or would I be even better off just to buy a few battlepacks of the Portugese 7.62 NATO?

Also, if anyone has run either of those rounds through a chrono or test fired them for accuracy, please include your findings. Thanks for any guidance you can provide. This site educated me well in terms of .223, but all of the talk about 7.62 NATO, the terrific articles in recent American Rifleman magazines about the M-14/M1A, and numerous other factors just totally destroyed any resistance I had to the .308 bug. Therefore I had to have one of those M1A's! LOL. I should be picking this baby up later this week and I will post a full report once I get to test it out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 9:00:59 AM EDT
The Protugeese made ammo is excellent and I highly recomend it. The Radway Green ammunition is also great ammunition. If you can hoewever I would make the attempt to find the Hirtenberger as it is a gold standard in Surplus ammunition far more accurate than the rest of what is available.
Top Top