Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2017 1:45:21 PM EDT
MODS - Please correct me if this is not the right place to post it -

----------------------------------
Upper has been in my safe for a while. Used this several times as I bought this from this forum. 
I'm pretty sure it has been used alot by the other guy :) 

Am trying to see if this would fund another project.
What would be the ideal price check on this ? 
It would include 4 of Ten Rd mags 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember waiting for these to come out.  After more than a year of waiting I gave up.  That was a long time ago.

I leave the following for someone else to confirm: that CZ layout was also shared by or sold through DPMS.  Though DPMS still catalogues the item, supply is not excellent.

I've read people ask about the DPMS upper recently, so you may have some ready buyers.  It is also true that Palmetto State now sells complete dedicated Ceiner pattern uppers for about $100 less than I could make one myself.  There are some perfectly nice rifles that have been up for sale in the Strictly Rimfire forum for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
BDM offer dedicated V-22 magazines

The V-22 I had was a similar model. A real tack driver....great fun rifle....sad to see it go, but no access to BDM magazines here in the UK (short of a Kings ransom), so was stuck using a UK makers 25-rd steel bricks.

Whoever gets this will have some cheap target shooting fun - great for younger shooters & training sessions
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have three friends who bought these in early 2000’s and two were very accurate and one was decent.  There were a few of the CZ’s imported that had issues with bad chambers.  A gun shop in New Hampshire worked on a lot of the CZ V-22’s.   There was someone who had spare parts manufactured for the CZ’s but he since sold his inventory to BDM.  

The CZ V-22 were sold during the AWB when there were very few options available for AR-15’s in 22 rimfire.  After the sunset of the AWB BDM produced 25 round mags for the CZ V-22.  Factory mags are not readily available today.   In todays market I figure a V-22 with a couple mags might bring $300-$350.  The V-22 might sell a little better in ban states where your limited to ten round mags.  The availability of reasonably priced 22 rimfire ammo has sparked renewed interest in AR-15’s in 22 LR.   With the current offerings from PSA it will make it a little more difficult to sell a V-22.  You might have some targets showing the potential accuracy of your V-22.  The V-22’s my friends owned were reliable and they all used RRA NM triggers which seems to help on the life of firing pins.  The one downside to the V-22 is the non threaded barrel and non standard free float hand guard.  In early 2000 most people wanted an AR-15 which looked more like a military M-4 with fixed front sight tower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man - 

I was thinking about selling it on the EE forum for that price that was meation
I have a couple of weeks to think it over before commit doing it. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of those.
Very accurate rifle and with some work on the camber it eats everything.
I was not happy with the looks so I changed it in to the same set up as my .223 upper.
Hera FF 7"handguard A2 frontsight and A2 flashhider.
Also my gunsmith made a charginghandle on the left side. (sort of sidecharger)
Very happy with it and my BDM mags.
These uppers are made today by a company named Luvo in CZ
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
BDM still sells mags for it.
Ultimate clip loader has an adapter for those as well.
There are replacement firing pins.

Based on other dedicated uppers I have seen being around 400 ish, I agree, 300 would be about right to start, but I would guess 250 is more realistic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks man - 

I was thinking about selling it on the EE forum for that price that was meation
I have a couple of weeks to think it over before commit doing it. 
View Quote
If it will shoot little tiny groups (one slightly over size hole at 25 yards) with decent ammo - CCI SV, SK Std+/Wolf MT, Norma Match, etc - then I'd be all over it.

Got a nice high mag scope and can you post some targets?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys - 

I would need to test this out at the range but I have no idea when I am going back in there. So I cant answer yours :( 

But Its more likely that I will just post it on the EE Forum and see where it takes me. 
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top