Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2017 8:13:15 PM EDT
Link to official website

Looks like it uses a roller lock system like HK guns.

No more kabooms

Don't know much yet.  Looks like a review is going to be coming out on Monday (saw it on RFC).

Need to email the company about different barrel lengths and how that affects the upper (18" is all they offer).

Black Dog mags

10 rounds (But possibly higher capacity ones will come out from BD )

Only other gripe is the crappy Hogue handguard they are selling it with

Price is 599.00

Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw the prototype several years ago.....it's not direct impingement nor is the roller lock delayed blowback like an HK.......the "gas key" is actually the locking piece and is moved to the rear by a gas tube venting from the gas port..........glad to see they finally got it to market
View Quote
So what do you think of the chance of a KB like the old semiauto's?

How durable?

I am seriously looking at one.

Wife went out shooting my CZ455 in 17hmr and wants a 17hmr and I am thinking of picking one up for me and lettering her us mine.  Problem is when we go hunting we shoot ~500-1000 rounds in a day (semi auto might be more )

Wonder on the life of the barrel/bolt etc....
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw the prototype several years ago.....it's not direct impingement nor is the roller lock delayed blowback like an HK.......the "gas key" is actually the locking piece and is moved to the rear by a gas tube venting from the gas port..........glad to see they finally got it to market
View Quote
Could a system like this work for 9mm?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Standing by for a Micro AR in 22TCM.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not for long I would suspect.....the locking point for the bolt is the small silver ring you see in the picture......easily handles the stress of a 17......main issue was the wall thickness of the case anyway......so not a huge amount of stress to worry about. A centerfire 9mm with a 124 grain bullet the stress goes up exponentially form the 17 rimfire so I'd personally be uncomfortable with the concept on a 9mm. I haven't shot it but I know several cases of ammo were run through the prototype with no kabooms.....and from talking with friend who was making the prototype at the time......it was a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.
View Quote
Any idea on if the gas block is adjustable or how it runs suppressed?

How about shortening the barrel?

Also fixed title as DI (ish) 17hmr upper
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Not happy w/ Alexander Arms' offering that's been out for several years now?

http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/AR-15_Uppers-_17_HMR_Complete_Upper_Assembly.html
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  I've actually done one of those...fed it with PPS43 magazines and my Tok 15 mag adapter.
View Quote
What sort of velocities did you get out of it?  Seems easier to reload than 5.7x28mm, would fit in more guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not happy w/ Alexander Arms' offering that's been out for several years now?

http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/AR-15_Uppers-_17_HMR_Complete_Upper_Assembly.html
View Quote
The problem in my opinion with Alexander Arms as well as Ray Vin 17 hmr uppers is they need to be cleaned more often and you run a higher risk of an OOBD because it is a gas blow back and 17hmr is known for not doing well in blowback guns.

I know AA has a stout bolt but still something that locks up is preferable to me.  

This new gun is more of a DI (ish) style gun and shouldn't have the same issues.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Standing by for a Micro AR in 22TCM.
View Quote
Someone showed one of those at SHOT like 2 years ago, nothing since though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#12]
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/11/garrow-firearms-development-17-hmr-ar15/

It looks like they're just using spring loaded ball bearings to keep the bolt from moving under pressure from the case, then using gas pressure to overcome the ball bearings.  Or is the gas block actually sliding on the bolt carrier and moving the ball bearings in & out?

Either way, the length of that buffer looks suspiciously short, like the gas key will knock hell out of the top of the lower.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top