Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:00:46 PM EDT
i  am putting together 2   new frontier upper & lowers one will be 8.5 in bbl the other 10 in bbl . i am looking for bcg's . i will be running glock mag's . any sugestions on  which bcg's to get . i was going to get new frontier bcg's but they no longer make them . i have been looking at kaw valley bcg's.  i am not new to ar's but have never owned a 9mm. so which is the best to go with  pro's and con's of bcg's out there   THANK YOU
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
In for the info as I'm mulling over a 9mm build as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i  am putting together 2   new frontier upper & lowers one will be 8.5 in bbl the other 10 in bbl . i am looking for bcg's . i will be running glock mag's . any sugestions on  which bcg's to get . i was going to get new frontier bcg's but they no longer make them . i have been looking at kaw valley bcg's.  i am not new to ar's but have never owned a 9mm. so which is the best to go with  pro's and con's of bcg's out there   THANK YOU
View Quote

You should probably look at a few of the threads from the past 6 months that discuss BCG's, different manufacturers, cost, availability, etc.

There is a large amount of information out there, so you need to be diligent and research your decision.

And regarding NFA....I just ordered and received a modular bolt from them last week.

I'm currently looking at their website, and it shows both the modular and  standard BCG are in-stock....so who told you they no longer make them ??

_
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with a Spinta (blem) I picked up on the cheap a while back. Been gtg now through several hundred rounds
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm happy with a Spinta (blem) I picked up on the cheap a while back. Been gtg now through several hundred rounds
View Quote
I selected this bolt, but I have not chosen an upper yet. Still cannot decide.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Just make sure to get a ramped bolt.  I've got the NFA Modular bolt.  If you get one, order a relate mentioned firing pin, such as a CMMG.  The NFA pin is shit.  Mine had a shoulder that chewed up the firing pin spring.  I knew it going in, and ordered the CMMG pin while ordering parts to be ready for it, just wanted to see how long the NFA pin would go.  Didn't make it 20 rounds.  Since putting in the CMMG pin, it's been flawless.

Splurge for the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer too.  You'll thank me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#6]
if you can find one, a NFA modular bolt uses an AR15 extractor... mine has about 6000 rounds and has been trouble free after replacing the firing pin with a stainless one that I rounded the strike head on....
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Take a look at the Taccom Bolt as well.  It's Nickel Boron coated, has a pivoting AR type extractor, and has a unique key design.  I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You should probably look at a few of the threads from the past 6 months that discuss BCG's, different manufacturers, cost, availability, etc.

There is a large amount of information out there, so you need to be diligent and research your decision.

And regarding NFA....I just ordered and received a modular bolt from them last week.

I'm currently looking at their website, and it shows both the modular and  standard BCG are in-stock....so who told you they no longer make them ??

_
View Quote
Using one of these as well.  PSA glock mag lower (psa built), Anderson no gate/no forward assist upper, NFA 16" barrel, ebay handguards.  300+ rounds, no issues except 3 in the first mag.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
just built my 10" 9mm pcc a few weeks back and went with the faxon 9mm bcg. so far it has been flawless other then the first trigger keep slapping the bcg when released. but that was a quick fix with another trigger and now have a larue MBT that i need to go back and try. everything seems to show it will work fine.

http://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-gen-2-9mm-pcc-blowback-full-mass-bolt-carrier-group/
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Put about 400 rounds through my new pistol with a Faxon Barrel and Bolt and bolt works flawlessly once I got the ejector tuned right.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I selected this bolt, but I have not chosen an upper yet. Still cannot decide.
View Quote
Get the Spinta upper! That's what I did. Its been GTG!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got both the Faxon and the TACCOM. They are identical except for the finish and 'gas key'. Either would exceed your requirements.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
i bought two kaw valley bcg's from joe bob's. i hope i made the right decision.  they were $139.99 each . i did find 2 new frontier bcg's but they were 179.99 . looking at build pic's and i see other guy's running the kaw valley bcg's . now all i need is 2 barrels and handguard's and ill be set. thank's guy's for the reply's
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just make sure to get a ramped bolt.  I've got the NFA Modular bolt.  If you get one, order a relate mentioned firing pin, such as a CMMG.  The NFA pin is shit.  Mine had a shoulder that chewed up the firing pin spring.  I knew it going in, and ordered the CMMG pin while ordering parts to be ready for it, just wanted to see how long the NFA pin would go.  Didn't make it 20 rounds.  Since putting in the CMMG pin, it's been flawless.

Splurge for the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer too.  You'll thank me.
View Quote
I second this entire message.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
just wanna report the larue MBT trigger works fine with my faxon bcg. was flawless for the 150 or so rounds i put threw it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Spinta
Rock River
and an unknown is what I use.
I use a Spinta for my Glock QC10 lower.

ETA; Also use a QC10 45 bolt.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an AR9 with a spinta and sold it. The spinta worked like a champ.

I have recently built with a Kaw Valley and i cant charge it. The larger diameter bolt hits the buffer tube.  Working with vendor to resolve.

I wont buy any of the large diameter bolts again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have recently built with a Kaw Valley and i cant charge it. The larger diameter bolt hits the buffer tube.  Working with vendor to resolve.

I wont buy any of the large diameter bolts again.
View Quote
curious about what you mean by larger diameter.  i have KVP and Spinta, on mine, just measured them after reading this, the back-end diameter is the same (.930").  my KVP works fine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]
That one has me stumped too,
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

curious about what you mean by larger diameter.  i have KVP and Spinta, on mine, just measured them after reading this, the back-end diameter is the same (.930").  my KVP works fine.
View Quote
Many of the 9mm bolts have a larger diameter at the rear for extra weight.  It was news to me. I called the vendor and they said some of the kvp and new frontiers have larger diameters at the rear. I called kvp and they confirmed it. I believe a few other manufacturers are doing the same with some of their 9mm bolts. .970" seems to be what they are shooting for. My kvp is .967".
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Taccom makes a real nice 9mm BCG.
Coated so it's slick and cleans up easily.
Light weight carrier key.
The Taccom 9mm BCG works with ramped and non ramped barrels.

I use mine with a Taccom ramped barrel specifically for Glock lowers and mags.

Dave N
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ditto on spinta, no issues so far.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top