Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well this is a thing now...coming soon, lots of people saying its a fake.  We will just have to wait and see...

new operating system, less mass, less weight, less recoil...
View Quote
Is that the Guard setup?  My offer for FA testing still stands

Video
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You have me intrigued!! I'm guessing new buffer system and/or BCG. I'm just about to order an 8.5" upper and FM-9 lower from Primary Arms, so I'm sure hoping it's a simple swap out of a few parts to get the new systems performance....
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]
e
Quoted:
we will offer parts to upgrade the existing product lines, it will be more expensive than what we offer now sadly.
View Quote
Time frame?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2-3 months
View Quote
Cool.  Will the length of the rail change for the Guard compatible pieces (specifically the 8.5")?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i like the 10.5 hg w a 8.5 barrel, w a flash can or something.  Of course we will do 16' for us old people.
View Quote
Is the 8.5" upper's rail exactly 8.75" long?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Was fine tuning the gun today, making sure the sights were on and the mags would for a match this weekend.  At one point, I reloaded with a full mag, hit the bolt release and had a round go off in the chamber.  Finger was no where near the trigger, was running my ets mags with the mbx mini extension. 47 max rounds but I think I had 1 extra stuffed in there.  Got the gun home, tore it down, firing pin and spring are good, nothing out of the ordinary that I can see.

And ideas on what to look for?  I tried to get it to do it a few times more but wasn’t able to. Fluke?  Either way I think I will be using the charge handle to drop the bolt In matches so I don’t get DQed

Edit..talked with Paul and figuring this more likely an issue with my light 3G trigger setup.  Everything on the upper assembly checks out with no issues.  Thank you for the quick response Paul!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Received my 8.5" upper.   Fit and finish look great.

The handguard measures 8 3/4" long and the barrel is approximately 9.5" end to end.  For anyone planning on running a suppressor, it's going to be tight, not sure it's going to work with a 3-lug setup...
View Quote
@m6z

Can you confirm the rail is exactly 8.75"?  I'm trying to figure out if my barrel is going to work.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@m6z

Can you confirm the rail is exactly 8.75"?  I'm trying to figure out if my barrel is going to work.  Thanks.
View Quote
I can confirm it does work with a 3-lug and Rugged Suppressors 3-lug adapter.  There's a picture a few pages back.  I don't have the upper anymore so I can't put a tape measure on it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can confirm it does work with a 3-lug and Rugged Suppressors 3-lug adapter.  There's a picture a few pages back.  I don't have the upper anymore so I can't put a tape measure on it.
View Quote
Thanks, but I am using the 8.5" CMMG Guard barrel, not the FM Products barrel.  I am trying to figure out if this barrel will work with the FM Products rail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just measured with a tape measure and mine is exactly 8-3/4"  Attachment Attached File

@cbecker333
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just measured with a tape measure and mine is exactly 8-3/4"
View Quote
Awesome - many thanks  Now all I need is for FM to release the rail/charging handle kit!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just measured with a tape measure and mine is exactly 8-3/4"  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116461/Screenshot_20180517-115850_Gallery-546775.JPG
@cbecker333
View Quote
I'm very seriously considering getting a 5.5" barrel and a flash can to run on this upper, just to make it a little shorter.

Any thoughts on that from any of you guys?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm very seriously considering getting a 5.5" barrel and a flash can to run on this upper, just to make it a little shorter.

Any thoughts on that from any of you guys?
View Quote
My barrel (with 3 lug) will be partially 'buried'.  Why not run a 3lug adapter and then you can swap flash hider or can easily?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well this is a thing now...coming soon, lots of people saying its a fake.  We will just have to wait and see...

new operating system, less mass, less weight, less recoil...
View Quote
Assuming this isn't Gas since it's using the same lower, and it's using a blow back bolt because the lower is the same. So from my own testing it should be a delayed blow back built into the upper/bolt but not a rotating design like CMMG or hence my previous statement because that requires a custom lower....Very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I want one!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone else noticed how similar the FM billet lower and the PWS PCC lower are? Look to be the same thing to me (including the LRBHO) except the PWS has a little bit more material removed from the receiver for aesthetics. FM making/licensing these to PWS perhaps?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We license stuff to many OEM's.  PWS has a lot more shwag on their product, thus the bump in price.  Things like the ratchetting castle nut, fluted buffer, proprietary Muzzle Device, Radian Ambi Charging Handle and Ambi Selector, serrations on their mag release etc, but yes, you are correct.
View Quote
On the PWS upper, they list it as a 9.5" upper, where yours is listed as an 8.5" upper.  Are the barrels and rails the same length?

I'm considering buying their upper just so that I can run a shorter barrel. I wish you guys made the rail in a much shorter version as well.  ;)
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We license stuff to many OEM's.  PWS has a lot more shwag on their product, thus the bump in price.  Things like the ratchetting castle nut, fluted buffer, proprietary Muzzle Device, Radian Ambi Charging Handle and Ambi Selector, serrations on their mag release etc, but yes, you are correct.
View Quote
Thank you, I appreciate the reply.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#28]
The polymer lower with the extra mag storage in the grip looks good, but how are the ergos?  I don’t care for Glock pistols, the grip feels like a 2x4 to me, on the other hand an XD or M&P are fine. I wish I could lay hands on one of the FM polymer lowers without buying it first.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I got the FM 16" upper I ordered from primary arms on memorial day weekend. Over all I am very pleased. This is my first venture into 9mm AR.

I installed it on a surplus arms lower purchased years ago, and installed the stern defense mag block. No issues with cycling or hanging up. Everything seems to be functioning properly, and the lrbho seems to work with the ets mags I purchased to go with this build. This is going to be a sweet PCC competition rig.

One question for FM, this upper didn't come with a buffer, but I thought FM was shipping a heavy buffer with their uppers? However, there does appear to be a plug or weight in the back of the bolt carrier. Is this a design change, or is it normal for 9mm carriers? Do I need to source a heavy buffer? My lower currently has a normal carbine buffer.

Follow up question for everyone else. Can I get by using quarters in the buffer tube? How many? I've heard of the quarter trick, but I can't find instructions for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
we only shipped buffers with our initial promotion with Brownells at the product launch.  Hit us up if you need any help w your build.  Do you reload?
View Quote
Gotcha, I must have looked at an older ad and older threads about the buffer.

I do reload. My go to is a 124gr projectile over 4.0gr titegroup. But I also shoot a lot of factory ammo at 115gr and 124gr.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I witnessed one of the FM PCC guns shit the bed during a USPSA match at the AAFG range in Maryland. The guy that was running it said he was sponsored by the builder. There were multiple issues and he was unable to finish a course of fire.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Where is this available?
The link seems to just send me to your facebook page.
What am I missing?
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I actually based my purchase on FM's sponsorship of an 11 year old girl that shot our match, about an hour away from AAFG.

RSOing matches, you see a lot of failures on the line. Usually related to new and untested aftermarket parts. In the last 2 years I've seen every failure imaginable, from every class of shooter.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Heads up for those of you looking for a heavy 9mm buffer.

Guntec 9mm pistol buffer kit, $36
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quarters only limit the travel of the carrier, but does not add mass (weight).  You can get heavy buffers here, the extra weight will help some...

HEAVY BUFFERS
View Quote
I went ahead and ordered your buffer with the spring from brownells
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/buffer-tube-parts/buffer-tubes/ar-15-9mm-receiver-extension-assembly-prod110828.aspx

It should arrive this week.
I did run 100 rounds through it today with the stern mag block. It ran flawlessly. Ejection was about 12' at 4 o'clock. Very consistent. Recoil was manageable with the stock carbine spring and buffer. Looking forward to heavier and stiffer setup.

The stern block functioned 100% with 33rd ets clear, magpul and factory Glock mags. Failed to lock back with a kci Korean mag.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You can get heavy buffers here, the extra weight will help some...

HEAVY BUFFERS
View Quote
Thanks! Pulled the trigger on one of those and a few other items to hit the $49 free shipping promo.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Any idea on when your billet lowers will be in stock somewhere again? I only see Primary Arms listing them but they are out of stock. Does anyone else stock them that I’m missing?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Brownells has them going live this week, Primary seems to sell out real fast sadly.  We are shipping them more tomorrow...
View Quote
Excellent - thank you!
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I bit the bullet and ordered a billet Lower from Brownells and an upper from PA.  I think I have everything else I’ll need except mags.

Which mags do I want to get.  The clear mags look cool, but I have no idea how they run or how durable they are. I do not own a Glock so I have no magazines at all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I bit the bullet and ordered a billet Lower from Brownells and an upper from PA.  I think I have everything else I’ll need except mags.

Which mags do I want to get.  The clear mags look cool, but I have no idea how they run or how durable they are. I do not own a Glock so I have no magazines at all.
View Quote
I've used 15rd Glock mags, 21rd Magpul mags, and 30rd ETS mags and all have run flawlessly in mine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#48]
After reading a bit I bought stock Glock mags.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:...Our Glock style upper will not work with Colt Lowers, BUT OUR COLT UPPERS WILL WORK WITH GLOCK LOWERS TOO!  
View Quote
So this new one works for both now...
Is it as reliable with a Glock lower as the other upper would be?
What's different on this unit that makes it a "Colt" lower?
Page / 17
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top