Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
8.5" Uppers will be available at Brownells in 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 10/29/2017 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
First impression is a bad one. I filled out on their "Contact Us" part of their website, two simple questions.
It has been over a week and I have not gotten an answer!
THAT SUCKS and speaks loudly about them and their product.
Makes my wonder!!! I suggest being careful. I hope this is just a blip, as
I want this to be a winner.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I, did talk to him today.  Foxtrot Mike,  is quite busy and out of town.  He informed me, at the earliest he’ll be online tonight. Don’t worry, the company is awesome and they’re good on their word. The productivity kicked up and they’re still working on 9 mm Colt mag  compatibility.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry this comes a surprise to us as I personally respond to every inquiry.  Can you help me understand what happened so I can fix it?  My direct email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent IM and email, hoping to hear back as to what happened with the contact us page on our site.  We are scracthing our heads...Foxtrot Mike
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, 2nd try, sent.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, fair is fair, I got a fast response this time so the first time must just have been a blip.
I have regained confidence and am going to further look into getting my dealer to see about one for me.
FM, thanks for your prompt answer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry about us dropping the ball.  I spoke to out IT guy and he actually found your email.  I am not sure whey we didnt get it.  Thanks for pointing this out to us, FMP
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
We will be out of pocket thurs to sun at the 3 gun nation nationals
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
https://youtu.be/u238O4ThHvM

Its worth getting in my opinion. I was star of the range this thursday lol. Everyone drooled over it.
I tried it on colt pattern also.i swapped in a 2 piece hybrid bolt. With a standard ar buffer it was slow chambering the first round like the bolt was hanging up. but cycled normal during firing.i Found that it was the normal buffer and short spring letting the bolt too far back i guess.
Once i put a 9mm buffer and spring in it it manually cycled like normal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is what it looks like on the sbr lower for the colt fans out there
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my 10.5 and love it. I can say it won't work with Spikes LRBHO without filing the carrier ridge on the inside of the receiver. I thought it might be gimmicky but the charging system is awesome and simple. It would be perfect if it had a LRBHO like the New Frontier style.  Would be easy enough to drill one hole.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#15]
How does the forward side charging portion work? Is it proprietary to their barrel? Does it work in a 556 setup as well? I'd kind of like more info on the forward charging as a lefty myself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#16]
The Spikes came out after we launched, we had to remove some material from the rear of their ejector and it runs fine.  Take a look at the pic below, you can either remove the set screw and take the ejector to a sanding belt, or use a dremel and leave it installed.  Literally takes 2 minutes.  Clients can always hit us up if they need help.

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#17]
The charging handle is proprietary, the rifle has 15 patents on it.  It does swap from left to right, there is a set screw accessed on the front of the handguard, you loosen it and the handle slides out, and goes in the other side, then you tighten the set screw and you are gtg.  We are working w an OEM to do a 5.56 version now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The charging handle is proprietary, the rifle has 15 patents on it.  It does swap from left to right, there is a set screw accessed on the front of the handguard, you loosen it and the handle slides out, and goes in the other side, then you tighten the set screw and you are gtg.  We are working w an OEM to do a 5.56 version now.
View Quote
Can we change out the barrels? Is the CH proprietary for the barrel/carrier/upper?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Spikes came out after we launched, we had to remove some material from the rear of their ejector and it runs fine.  Take a look at the pic below, you can either remove the set screw and take the ejector to a sanding belt, or use a dremel and leave it installed.  Literally takes 2 minutes.  Clients can always hit us up if they need help.

https://imgur.com/ZU2a0D6
View Quote
Interesting, but I'm not seeing a pic?

Edit: it shows in my quote. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
The CH handle is proprietary, but uou could change the barrel if you wanted.  Ht me up and Ill send you some extra handguard hardware of you want to go that route.  The barrels are 41v50 macth grade, and cut with a full auto chamber, one of the reasons they feed so well.  More info here...detailed info on our barrels
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The CH handle is proprietary, but uou could change the barrel if you wanted.  Ht me up and Ill send you some extra handguard hardware of you want to go that route.  The barrels are 41v50 macth grade, and cut with a full auto chamber, one of the reasons they feed so well.  More info here...detailed info on our barrels
View Quote
Do we need to use the same BCG for the CH to work?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#22]
The charging handle essentially takes the place of a gas tube. The handle is attached to a block that slides in a groove inn the handguard. There is a rod attached to the end of the block that runs into the upper receiver through the same hole as a gas tube. There is a spring in the outside of the upper around the rod to give tension. The rod pushes the carrier against the "gas key" block. It should work with any carrier that has the taller solids "gas key" block.

It's simple and effective
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#23]
you do need our bcg for the ch to work, the carrier key is specific to the upper.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]
We are not very forum savvy, and although we are a paid advertiser, we can respond to our other forum page.  Can anyone advise what we need to do?

our other AR15.com forum page
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally got my AR to the range. Barrel is very accurate and compensator works phenomenally. I shot 150 rounds, at 35 feet.

Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered an 8.5" upper.  Looks like 1/2x36 threads.  Price was too good to pass up.

Is the bolt going to be Colt mag compatible or are you still working on that?  Is the "gas key" the only thing unique to the side charger?  Can it be swapped to a Colt compatible bolt?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes if you swapped out the carrier key, and used a colt bolt, you would be gtg w a Colt lower.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks.  I'll probably just wait for your Colt bolt, but it's good to know there's other options if I'm impatient.  Maybe you could offer a trade in program for those with unused Glock bolts or have the gas keys available separately.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#29]
A question for all FMP customers. Would anyone else like to see a linear compensator, for home defense builds?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Received my 8.5" upper.   Fit and finish look great.

The handguard measures 8 3/4" long and the barrel is approximately 9.5" end to end.  For anyone planning on running a suppressor, it's going to be tight, not sure it's going to work with a 3-lug setup.

Also in the Brownells q & a they state the upper receivers come with a buffer, so you might want to have them update that.

Thinking out loud, if you added the cam pin cutout to your upper receiver this would probably work with the CMMG RDB barrels and bolts.  Looks like you would have to modify the gas key for the cam pin as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Success.   Rugged suppressor 3-lug fits.

What thread locker are you using on the handguard screws?

Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#32]
That is epic!  Thanks for the feedbak it is appreciated, we are glad it worked out.  That supressor looks epic.  They run great suppressed btw.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I like that idea

We have had issues getting the Colt to run as good, likely because the 3 lowers we got to do testing were junk.  One the mags wouldnt fit the magwell, the other the feed ramp came loose.  There are no good Hybrid BCG designs that dont smash into the feed ramps.  We tried several and were willing to use another companies but we didnt like what we saw compared to how we make ours.

how we make our BCG
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#34]
The thread lock on the handguards is something we developed .  Its crazy strong , and will withstand very high temps.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Will a small amount of your thread locker, be sent with The matched upper set?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#36]
FWIW,  I've got a Spike's Tactical dedicated 9mm Colt lower I was planning to run your upper on.  I planned on running a mag block on an existing SBR lower and doing the paperwork for the Spikes lower once I verified It will run.

This could also be a solution for some.  I might go that route in the short term as well.

New Glock mag 9mm AR15 conversion - Stern Defense
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Any plans for a 5.5" upper with a 4.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#38]
yes will be sending thread lock w the matched set of upper and hand guards
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
if you do a build w a mag block will you hit me up w how it works?  we have no experience with them
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#40]
we are buried in 8.5" uppers and trying to catch up w demand.  our upper charging handle is proprietary so making the hand-guard shorter will require some testing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Only thing missing is a Colt compatible bolt.

Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#42]
If I had a dollar...
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
FMP:  I have sent several unanswered emails over the last few weeks inquiring about the availability of your new ambi lower since August 2017.

You have told me "it's an absolute shit show trying to get all the pieces together"...

I hope to hear from you soon.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Can you please try my email at [email protected]?  May I ask what email adress yiou used so I can look into it?  Regards, Foxtrot Mike
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#45]
So we did answer your question?  If you are quoting us, we must have answered your emails?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can you please try my email at [email protected]?  May I ask what email adress yiou used so I can look into it?  Regards, Foxtrot Mike
View Quote
Issue resolved, thanks for fast reply.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
if you do a build w a mag block will you hit me up w how it works?  we have no experience with them
View Quote
I have a Stern's block coming to go with my 10.5 upper. Would not work with the Spikes dedicated lower I had because the upper receiver wall was far too think and would block the LRBHO lever from moving upwards. I hope the Sterns is what it's billed as because I really like the FMP upper.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#48]
we actually have been able to get the spikes lowers to run great!  I have some info i can send you that will likely help get it running.  the lower came out after we launched, and we quickly found a fix.  there are 2 things to address, 1 is the ejectors rear radius is too far rearward,  I dont know why people who make lowers keep doing this.  If we were to cut the BCG to fit their ejector, it would create an unsafe condition, as the cross section of material between the slot under the bcg and the firing pin hole gets around .01" thick (basically 3 human hairs thick).

sadly people are designing lowers, and arent laying out the whole rifle in an assembly, otherwise they would see this is a real bad idea.  we would rather modify the ejector, or replace it for a consumer, than produce a bcg with such a thin cross section of material between the slot under the bcg and the firing pin hole...just pain unsafe to do it that way, and yet we see people doing exactly that.

this is what we signed up for and we are happy to do it, but that is the deal

my email is [email protected] hit me up I will help you get your spikes going, glad you like the upper!

ps: shout out to spikes, their lowers are some of the best, this is a problem that is easily fixed,  circle 10 is also good.  when we tested our uppers back in january, we would go thorugh 3 of the other brands per upper to get to 10k rounds of testing.  in other words we would break 3 lowers for every upper, mostly due to the use of cheap indo mim lpks.  circle 10's were the only ones that would hold up.  we are fans of spikes for 5.56 stuff, no doubt theor pcc stuff is just as good
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
we actually have been able to get the spikes lowers to run great!  I have some info i can send you that will likely help get it running.  the lower came out after we launched, and we quickly found a fix.  there are 2 things to address, 1 is the ejectors rear radius is too far rearward,  I dont know why people who make lowers keep doing this.  If we were to cut the BCG to fit their ejector, it would create an unsafe condition, as the cross section of material between the slot under the bcg and the firing pin hole gets around .01" thick (basically 3 human hairs thick).

sadly people are designing lowers, and arent laying out the whole rifle in an assembly, otherwise they would see this is a real bad idea.  we would rather modify the ejector, or replace it for a consumer, than produce a bcg with such a thin cross section of material between the slot under the bcg and the firing pin hole...just pain unsafe to do it that way, and yet we see people doing exactly that.

this is what we signed up for and we are happy to do it, but that is the deal

my email is [email protected] hit me up I will help you get your spikes going, glad you like the upper!

ps: shout out to spikes, their lowers are some of the best, this is a problem that is easily fixed,  circle 10 is also good.  when we tested our uppers back in january, we would go thorugh 3 of the other brands per upper to get to 10k rounds of testing.  in other words we would break 3 lowers for every upper, mostly due to the use of cheap indo mim lpks.  circle 10's were the only ones that would hold up.  we are fans of spikes for 5.56 stuff, no doubt theor pcc stuff is just as good
View Quote
Paul....

I'm dying to learn about your testing procedures.....and what  brands where used,  issues that arose, and any fixes you found with the various designs/brands of lowers you worked with.

This could provide some good info for those of us that shoot alot of PCC competitions.  and help diagnose issues that may come from lower components (lowers, buffers, springs, etc.) with high round counts.

But I have to say...I'm becoming more and more intrigued about your uppers as I learn more about your company and it's products.

_
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Got to the range today and I LOVE the FM upper. Ran it with an Anderson with a Stern mag block and had a couple initial issues. The LRBHO wasn't working during live fire, so I removed the Spikes spacer and all was good. LRBHO worked everytime with KCI and Glock mags (7x33rnd and 4x15rnd).

I was having a problem with a Spikes Battle trigger resetting. Sometimes in the middle of a mag it would reset, but most of the time I'd have to push it forward. You could tell it was dragging on the bolt.

Any suggestions on the trigger resetting problem?
Page / 17
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top