Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2010 12:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2010 12:18:46 PM EDT by clean]
Hello,

I'm getting first round misfires with my CMMG 22 conversion. Since it doesn't extract live rounds, I just pop out the mag and re-cock it with the charging handle and it usually goes off. Of 100 rnds, I get about 5 of these.

Initially I took the fireing pin out and polished it so it dropped in and out freely.
Currently I've put a drop of oil on the fireing pin (from the rear) but haven't taken the unit apart completely. Driving out the roll pin frequently can't be good for the unit.

Any ideas what's causing this? It's pretty annoying and it's not the ammo.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 12:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2010 12:39:05 PM EDT by CMMG]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:51:47 PM EDT
I had a Ciener Kit that worked flawlessly in all of my AR's. I sold it to a friend because I thought I could get another. Thier all the same right? Well I got the CMMG. I am sure it is fine It just needs tweeking. I had pollished the inside of the chamber with a 22 brush and a drill. It was packed with Park. It is nice and shinny inside now. However I do get a few failure to fires. I was getting about 50% failure to extract. I have only got to fire CB's after the polishing. I will check it for function again soon. Please post any info I would get talked through on the phone for trouble shooting. The kit installs into the weapon easy. It seems to fall short of fully chambering by a fraction.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:13:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2010 5:14:32 AM EDT by SpecOps-13]

clean:
If this is occurring on the first round only, are you loading the magazine to full capacity.
It may be corrected by loading 1 less round if this is the case. That first round may
be just a little too tight. I found this to be the case with the 15 round magazine. I shortened
the bottom spring retainer pin just a touch and problem solved.

Good Luck,
Dave
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:18:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2010 5:20:52 AM EDT by shadowcop]
There is a lot of pressure on the bolt with a full mag. I have a hard time locking my CMMG mag in with the bolt closed and a full mag.
It must be an older version of the CMMG bot to extract rounds.
I would also push the firing pin by hand to see if it drags and comes out enough in the bolt face.
Top Top