Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:32 AM EDT
Who has them in stock right now? I waited too long with CDnn and they are out.
Thanks
Ed
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:03:40 PM EDT
Easy_E, did you read all the CZ threads on this board before making your buying decision? I broke a firing pin in just over 3000 rounds and under 60 days and had to pay $20 for the replacement, even though ADCO agreed I should have gotten well over 10,000 rounds before worrying about broke firing pins. Additionally, it only reliably extracts $3.30 a box CCI Stingers, which is better than 5.56, but certainly not the $8.96 a box of 550 Reminton Hi Velocity ammo at WalMart. If I had to do it again, I would definately think about the few extra dollars for something with a little better rep on this board...just my .02 cents after getting one in Feb this year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:28:38 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. I thumb through here a little before work and didn't see anything so I posted. I will do some more looking for that thread.
A friend wanted a cheap .22 conversion for his son and the CZ came to mind. But maybe the Bushmaster or something else maybe a better deal. If he liked his I was going to do the same thing for my daughter later.
Thanks again
Ed
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:41:04 PM EDT
Before i bought my V22, i was considering getting a Ruger 10/22 or dedicated upper. Well i got both, sorta, i bought 10/22's for my sons. I paid 369.00 for my V22 then the price went down, i also had to do a little work to it (tighten up the barrel/and fix weak firing pin hits etc.) considering price, mag capacity and the work i did on it, i should have bought 3 10/22's.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:52:14 PM EDT
I have a DPMS upper and like it... highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
And I have a heavy barrel DPMS and cannot recommend it. Yes, buy 3 10/22's!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:16:32 PM EDT
I have a 10/22 that my daughter already shoots. She also uses my savage 17 hmr but the stock is too long. Then I bought a savage scout for her for Christmas.
I was thinking that a 22 with the same controls as a AR15 would be good for her. Then when a little bigger she would be familiar with a larger .223.

My friend is in a big hurry and doesn't have a computer. So I was checking for him first. He liked the CZ price point but with problems it might be a bad idea. I told him to check on the Dpms and Bushmaster.
We will see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:52:15 PM EDT
There is a ton of good info on this site about all of them, the designer of the V-22 (cant confirm but sounds legit) even talked about the V-22 on two threads, both worth the read...I would've went with the DPMS but they were on backorder, then I heard they were redesigning it so it would be this summer so I went with the 22. I now think it would've been worth the wait.
Top Top