Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
I have a line on the above carbine. It is a flattop w the carry handle. It has YHM rails and a Daniel Defense sling plate w/ 2 mags I dont know it it was a 9mm from the ground up or if it was converted. Is this a good price? Do I need to know anything special beyond no bolt holding open, need for converted mags etc? Thx in advance.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:58:44 AM EDT
That would be a good deal for a FT,the CH and rail goodies are a plus.Be warry of a parts and pieces build up,some are just as good as factory units,some are jam-o-matics. Try to somehow set the sale as conditional upon some type of live fire reliability test if seller can't prove it is a factory unit. If the seller has confidence in the gun this shouldn't be a big problem. Don't expect the owner to let you walk away with the gun without buying it,but something reasonable such as meeting you at a range,you provideing ammo and range fees ect.
Good luck,a 9 that runs well is a blast
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:30:22 PM EDT
I may be mistaken, but a call to RRA should confirm. RRA has only been making complete 9mm rifles for a very short time (a few months at most, I think). If it is a complete RRA 9mm rifle, the lower should be marked 9mm. If the lower is marked RRA .223 or 5.56, it is more than likely a custom/home build. You can always ask the current owner what he bought, how much assembly went into it and who did the assembly.
Top Top