Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:15:34 PM EDT
I recently build an M16A2 clone with a government profile 1 in 7 twist barrel.  I've also got an M261 .22 conversion kit.  Would the accuracy of .223 rounds be affected at all by shooting .22s using the kit?  I've used the kit many times in my carbine but have not done any serious accuracy testing.  I can still keep them all in the black at 100 but don't know if the accuracy has been degraded at all.  Anybody ever have their accuracy suffer due to a .22 kit?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't be a problem at all. I've never heard of one or experienced it myself. Biggest problem should be poor accuracy in that 1:7 barrel, but sounds like it's working out for you. Remember that the .223 barrel was built to withstand a lot more punishment than any .22 round dishes out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I kinda figured it would be ok but thought I'd ask around.  The accuracy I'm not too worried about.  I'll mostly be using the .22 kit to practice at 50 feet.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top