Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:30:27 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with Oly's 10mm upper? The Oly site really doesn't give one any info or decent pics. Which mags does it use?

Your info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:09:39 PM EDT
I have the Oly 10mm upper on a Cav Arms lower, so I use grease gun mags. If you use the metal lowers you will have to use the modified mags with the spacer welded on. It works extremely well. Email me at mdgillerstrom@comcast.net if you want more information. David
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:24:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Happyguy:
I have the Oly 10mm upper on a Cav Arms lower, so I use grease gun mags. If you use the metal lowers you will have to use the modified mags with the spacer welded on. It works extremely well. Email me at mdgillerstrom@comcast.net if you want more information. David

I have the same set-up and love it. Although I'd like to try a stronger recoil spring. Also need to Form 1 it and cut the barrel to 11-12".
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:29:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Happyguy:

Did you have to modify the Grease Gun mags at all, or just use them as issued?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:34:23 PM EDT
I don't have any experience with the 10mm, but I recently placed an Oly .45 upper on a Cav Arms lower. I used the Hahn mag block, and Slash heavy buffer.

Though I have only fired a few rounds through it, it seems that it is going to function fine. I have 6 magazines so far, and all 6 look like they are going to function.

I too would be interested in details on 10mm and .40 S&W Oly setups usiing M3 mags. Do you have to modify the feed lips? When I tried loading 10mm in an unmodified mag, it wanted to spit them out.

What buffer are you using for the 10mm?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
Yes, the M3 mags have to have the feed lips narrowed. Real simple to do.

I'm using the same buffer as the 45.
Top Top