Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 1:01:03 PM EDT
Ok, the following is in the mail and on its way to me via three different companies:

RRA 9mm upper (A2) w/ b/bc/ch
9mm buffer
9mm hammer (RRA)
2x Colt 32rd mags
Hahn dedicated top-loader

OK... I shouldn't have ANY problems with that, correct? I did all sorts of research and I even skipped the Promags for now. I don't see any problems.

One big question I do have is this:

If I go with the 9mm hammer and skip the bolt ramping, how much torture are my pins going to be taking? Should I not worry about it? Should I just get KNS anti-rotationals and then not worry about it?

Am I just plain worrying too much?

Appreciate any input.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:19:38 PM EDT
sounds good to me..........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:04:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

If I go with the 9mm hammer and skip the bolt ramping, how much torture are my pins going to be taking? Should I not worry about it? Should I just get KNS anti-rotationals and then not worry about it?

Appreciate any input.

- BG

semi-auto..... I wouldn't worry about it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By user426:

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

Appreciate any input.

- BG

semi-auto..... I wouldn't worry about it

Thx. My major concern is that it is a preban lower so I'd like to keep the wear and tear to a minimum. I figure the KNS pins can't hurt... maybe a summer project will be to install them.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 5:59:57 PM EDT by mragu]
KNS pins and a bolt ramped by M60Joe will total about $100. If I were in a pre-ban state I would have it done. I am in Florida and did the combo to my 9mm SBR. If you can afford it, why risk it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:40:56 PM EDT
I have almost the exact same set up, except I don't have any mags yet. doh! I did put the KNS pins in my lower since I thought I had read something about 9mm conversions being hard on the hammer pin. Not sure if they're needed or not, but I put em in anyway.

I don't think you need to ramp the bolt unless you're using a standard .223 hammer. Right???
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:00:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By inferno715:
I have almost the exact same set up, except I don't have any mags yet. doh! I did put the KNS pins in my lower since I thought I had read something about 9mm conversions being hard on the hammer pin. Not sure if they're needed or not, but I put em in anyway.

I don't think you need to ramp the bolt unless you're using a standard .223 hammer. Right???

That last bit is my understanding of it... and is the basis of my question, I suppose. With the 9mm hammer, is ramping even worth the time and effort?

- BG
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:01:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:46:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RRAMODERATOR:
9mm buffer...you need the extra mass for proper function.
Steve/RRA

One of the first things I ordered!

Just trying to nail down whether or not the 9mm hammer alone will make for a long-lasting setup. I think I'll definately go with the KNS pins later.

- BG
Top Top