Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 1:01:03 PM EDT
Ok, the following is in the mail and on its way to me via three different companies:

RRA 9mm upper (A2) w/ b/bc/ch
9mm buffer
9mm hammer (RRA)
2x Colt 32rd mags
Hahn dedicated top-loader

OK... I shouldn't have ANY problems with that, correct?  I did all sorts of research and I even skipped the Promags for now.  I don't see any problems.

One big question I do have is this:

If I go with the 9mm hammer and skip the bolt ramping, how much torture are my pins going to be taking?  Should I not worry about it?  Should I just get KNS anti-rotationals and then not worry about it?

Am I just plain worrying too much?

Appreciate any input.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds good to me..........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If I go with the 9mm hammer and skip the bolt ramping, how much torture are my pins going to be taking?  Should I not worry about it?  Should I just get KNS anti-rotationals and then not worry about it?

Appreciate any input.

- BG

semi-auto..... I wouldn't worry about it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Appreciate any input.

- BG

semi-auto..... I wouldn't worry about it

Thx.   My major concern is that it is a preban lower so I'd like to keep the wear and tear to a minimum.  I figure the KNS pins can't hurt... maybe a summer project will be to install them.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
KNS pins and a bolt ramped by M60Joe will total about $100.  If I were in a pre-ban state I would have it done.  I am in Florida and did the combo to my 9mm SBR.  If you can afford it, why risk it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have almost the exact same set up, except I don't have any mags yet.  doh!  I did put the KNS pins in my lower since I thought I had read something about 9mm conversions being hard on the hammer pin.  Not sure if they're needed or not, but I put em in anyway.

I don't think you need to ramp the bolt unless you're using a standard .223 hammer.  Right???
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have almost the exact same set up, except I don't have any mags yet.  doh!  I did put the KNS pins in my lower since I thought I had read something about 9mm conversions being hard on the hammer pin.  Not sure if they're needed or not, but I put em in anyway.

I don't think you need to ramp the bolt unless you're using a standard .223 hammer.  Right???

That last bit is my understanding of it... and is the basis of my question, I suppose.  With the 9mm hammer, is ramping even worth the time and effort?

- BG
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
9mm buffer...you need the extra mass for proper function.
Steve/RRA

One of the first things I ordered!

Just trying to nail down whether or not the 9mm hammer alone will make for a long-lasting setup.  I think I'll definately go with the KNS pins later.  

- BG
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top