Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:58:45 AM EDT
I would like to know.

Are they any good - do they work?  Last round lock open?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought them for between $70 for just the unit with no magazine inserts to $125 for the unit with 2 magazine inserts.  I have seen prices higher but I pass on them. I would think anyplace between the two prices I noted would be good.

They are built like tanks and for the time being, if something breaks, I believe you can still buy parts from SARCO. The bolt can be locked back manually but there is no bolt-hold-open after the last shot like the Air Force unit. The Magazine inserts are limited to 10 rounds and this is the only real weak point but most 22 conversion units are the same except the Ciener conversion and maybe the DPMS conversion unit if DPMS ever gets their Hi-Cap mag into production. The M261 magazine insert is actually a magazine that is inserted into a full sized AR magazine. This is where most people have problems -- trying to get everything lined up right so the inserts feed right. I found that using a real USGI magazine seems to help. There are a lot of M261 owners here on ARFCOM so if you get one and have a problem, just post it here and somebody will have helpful info.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
SARCO is currently advertising them (new) at $175.

Most I've heard of trading hands lately have been in the $125-150 range.

I've been very pleased with the reliability of mine, once I learned that they need to be kept well lubed. Try to run them dry and they just don't work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top