Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:42:23 PM EDT
Anybody have issues with mounting ARMS#40 or any slip on type accessories?? It seems that my new K9GL has an oversized upper rail which precludes it from mounting a #40.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have an ARMS 40 to try but all my other sights/optics worked (ELCAN, Aimpoint, DPMS BUIS).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My eotech, LMT sight, and OLY carry handle all fit fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Clamp on style mounts work, but mounts like ARMS#40 which slip on then have a clamp to secure will not work on mine and at least one other that I know of, the mount will not go on because the rail has too much thickness to it. I tried 2 of my #40's and none will fit, but they fit great on my Armalite & Bushy uppers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a RRA like that.  Try the YHM .
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestion JimBean, but I am actually looking for info to build a case for Oly, they say their rails are in spec, but mine and others seem to have an issue. It is a big pain in the a$$ to ship gun parts through the boarder for Oly to look at it.

We are looking for info to see if it's a production run problem or a general issue with Oly spec.
thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried a micrometer?  That might be  cheaper and less of a PITA than shiping back and forth...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, and as far as I am concerned it's out of spec, but Oly wants to see for themselves or else nothing will get done. We are trying to determine if it's a rare occurance or if it is a common problem with these Oly uppers. If we have info that more are like this it will make our case to get things done alot easier and cheaper.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, and as far as I am concerned it's out of spec, but Oly wants to see for themselves or else nothing will get done. We are trying to determine if it's a rare occurance or if it is a common problem with these Oly uppers. If we have info that more are like this it will make our case to get things done alot easier and cheaper.

thanks

So what are the measurments of the rail?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top