Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:28:56 AM EDT
So far most everything I've seen has been 9mm. While fun and cheap to shoot, I personally would prefer a .45.

Any leads?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
.45 is more expensive to shoot than .223 sometimes. hehe

olympic arms is your choice if you want to go that route..or even 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Auto Ordinance "tommy gun" now owned by Kahr Arms.  It be next on my list.   30 round sticks for $19.99 at CDNN and the 50 round drums.........
linky

Oly .45 is a good choice.  I have blasted thousands of rounds through mine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Kurts Kustom firearms
Look in the industry section
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Gracias Dave (cute kid too)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/superdavarfcom/DSC00016.jpg

Kurts Kustom firearms
Look in the industry section

caption:
"...What do you MEAN I can't have a cookie??? I suggest you re-think that decision..."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Oly .45 uppers are pretty pricey, around $500 when I bought mine and the mags are also on the expensive side. There are mag blocks that work with the CavArms MKII lower that let you use GG mags which are way cheaper than the modified uzi mags that the Oly Uses. There is also a way to modify a Hahn 9mm mag block to fit .45 mags (takes a bit of filing) that allows you to use slightly modified uzi mags. The only real issue with the .45 system besides the price of ammo, is the expensive magazines.  Not to many places are making stuff for the .45 AR so the pickings are slim. I love mine and its a blast to shoot.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top