Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:16:27 PM EDT
OK, so I've learned that RRA makes Colt type uppers, but does anyone besides Olympic make Oly type uppers? I kinda want to build an oly type w/ a KKF block & unmodified Sten mags because, as I understand it, with the Oly system swapping out for 5.56 is a simple top end swap without having to swap hammers. Am I correct here? I'm definitely a FNG when it comes to this pistol caliber stuff, so any insight would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:19:14 PM EDT
As far as I know, only Oly makes an upper that takes their extractor setup. I believe that a few people on here have modified a standard upper to take the Oly extractor. It's a mteer of drilling three small holes in the right place. You can order the extractor from Oly direct.

Oly barrels and Colt/RRA barrels are two different animals. I am not aware of anyone else making "Oly" 9mm/40/45 barrels.

I have a 9mm Oly setup and really enjoy it. I am currently using a Hann block with mine. I am trying and being hopefull that Oly will make their Glock lowers available as a lower only part. I never new why people didn't like using the Sten mags. I do now!! They are a PITA to load!

Nox
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:06 AM EDT
OnA_partyrock, You don't have to do anything to your lower when you use an OLY upper. Just get a mag block from KKF or a Socom block. The Sten mags are cheap and work great but, you'll need a mag loader cause they are a bitch to load by hand. Just so you know this setup won't hold the bolt open after the last round.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:17:25 PM EDT
Thanks guys! The more I read the more confusing it got...h.gif
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:12:35 PM EDT
IIRC KKF will assemble Oly uppers/ barrel in any config you want. if you're getting the block from him may as well have him build you an upper.
Top Top