Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:27:29 AM EDT
Is there anyway to build your own ciener mags, to look more the a regular mag??

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The pic below shows two Ciener mags with Orlite mag bodies.  

Here's what I did: I cut the 30 round Orlite feed lips off matching the same angle of the Ciener mag. You need to "sandwich" the Ceiner mag body between layers of cardboard. The layers of cardboard must be cut to make a TIGHT fit inside the Orlite mag body. So tight that you really have to push on it. It should be a tight fit side to side and front to back. The Orlite mags swell a bit once it has been inserted. I cut the springs down to a couple of coils so the floorplate is kept in place.

You can use a couple strips of duc tape to keep the cardboard aligned as you insert everything into the Orlite mag. I like using cardboard as it will not trap moisture against the Ciener mag and it is removeable. This works extremely well with 30 round Ciener mags. The 10 round mags do not fit as tight, but it does work well.

Dan

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The pic below shows two Ciener mags with Orlite mag bodies.  

Here's what I did: I cut the 30 round Orlite feed lips off matching the same angle of the Ciener mag. You need to "sandwich" the Ceiner mag body between layers of cardboard. The layers of cardboard must be cut to make a TIGHT fit inside the Orlite mag body. So tight that you really have to push on it. It should be a tight fit side to side and front to back. The Orlite mags swell a bit once it has been inserted. I cut the springs down to a couple of coils so the floorplate is kept in place.

You can use a couple strips of duc tape to keep the cardboard aligned as you insert everything into the Orlite mag. I like using cardboard as it will not trap moisture against the Ciener mag and it is removeable. This works extremely well with 30 round Ciener mags. The 10 round mags do not fit as tight, but it does work well.

Dan

home.netcom.com/~suppresseduzi/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dcp335.jpg

Dan,

You've got some awesome NFA stuff there!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I really enjoy shooting .22s - lots of fun!  You can probably tell that as all four firearms in the pic above possess .22 conversion kits.   To see some of them in action, click on the video link: www.putfile.com/dan0341

Dan
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
That's all good info, but i'm looking for that mag thats inside that cheap bent sheet metal mag well filler.  i thought i saw somewhere that they were remington mags? i could be wrong though.  Anyways i would like to find that inner mag, and weld it into a cheap steel 20rd mag.  The whole goal is to build the ultimate DCM practice rifle.  Already have a kuhel barrel built up to service rifle specs.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's all good info, but i'm looking for that mag thats inside that cheap bent sheet metal mag well filler.  i thought i saw somewhere that they were remington mags? i could be wrong though.  Anyways i would like to find that inner mag, and weld it into a cheap steel 20rd mag.  The whole goal is to build the ultimate DCM practice rifle.  Already have a kuhel barrel built up to service rifle specs.  

Try here...

www.e-gunparts.com/featureproduct.asp?chrProductSKU=930680&Super=Y&MC=YJ
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
user 426 your the man, that was exactly what i was looking for
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
user 426 your the man, that was exactly what i was looking for

glad to help
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#9]
[

Try here...

www.e-gunparts.com/featureproduct.asp?chrProductSKU=930680&Super=Y&MC=YJ

I just bought two of them but haven't made them work with anything yet.  I'm thinking they might work glued into a 10/22 mag body in the Krinker Plinker and a whole bunch of other guns I am yet to discover.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Kurts Kustom Firearms mods them by welding steel mags to the ciener insert.  They look pretty good.  A bit pricy but he has the market cornerd as far as I know.  I have two.  They fit tighter than the non modded mag and do't drop out.

Feed lip modification was needed for smooth operation.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top