Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 12:04:44 PM EDT
OK i finally got all my 9mm parts together, some are still in the mail

bushmaster 223 lower with telestock

un notched hammer

RRA 9mm buffer

RRA flattop mated to oly 9mm upper free float

sten mags

"mag well adapter with ejector instaled. since oly uppers have the pin with wire ejector installed in it. this set up allows you to use any upper you like w/out driling any holes into your upper."

eotech 512

any problems with this? and will the 9mm buffer and unnotched hammer work with 223 upper?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:41:56 PM EDT
9mm uppers are essentially the same. Except for lack of forward assist and the deflector, and a hole for the gas tube.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:39 PM EDT
The Hahn Precision website has a drawing of the ejector hole locations to make ANY upper work with Oly conversions.

I have a A1 slabside without forward assist and case deflector..........I have several RRA 9mm flattop upper receivers for my subcalibers, again no forward assist or case deflector.........simple and cleanest way to set up a 9 or 45 AR-15.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:50:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalOpsAR:
OK i finally got all my 9mm parts together, some are still in the mail

bushmaster 223 lower with telestock
AR-15 lower with CAR stock, lower covered

un notched hammer
AR-15 hammer, ok

RRA 9mm buffer
5.5oz CAR buffer, ok for use in CAR stock

RRA flattop mated to oly 9mm upper free float
Soooo, the barrel and bolt is of the Olympic flavor, assembled to a RRA flat top ?

sten mags
ok, if you is using the Oly pattern barrel and bolt...

"mag well adapter with ejector installed. since oly uppers have the pin with wire ejector installed in it, this set up allows you to use any upper you like w/out drilling any holes into your upper."
So long as you is using Olympic barrel and bolt.. make sure it rides your bolt correctly. Seems it has been tried before, and it did not work well, or mot at all... Probably be better off using the Oly ejector mounted to the upper.

eotech 512
ok

any problems with this? and will the 9mm (5.5oz CAR) buffer and unnotched (AR-15) hammer work with 223 upper?
Yes, nothing has changed other than the diameter of the barrel bore and the magazine in the well

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 9:11:51 PM EDT by TacticalOpsAR]
it is a RRA 9mm flat top upper w/o forward assist etc
internals are olympic.

bought the complete upper and mag conversion used from EE. said it worked when he had it setup in his, but wanted to double check

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:38:25 PM EDT
The 9mm buffer will work better than the standard CAR..........even if Oly doesn't mention it.
Top Top