Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 12:21:20 PM EDT
I recently came across a thread discussing the similarity/differences between the Bushmaster and Promag plastic 9mm magazines, the consensus being that they were the same. I was curious about the Bushie mags so I e-mailed them to ask about compatibility. Here is what I wrote, and what they replied:

Q: Are the magazines for your 9mm carbine compatible with the Colt AR-15 9mm carbine,
and do they have the bolt-stop feature?

A: Yes, the polymer magazines are compatible with the Colt 9mm with a bolt hold open follower.

Thank you,
Jim Eden, Bushmaster Tech Support
1-800-883-6229
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:04:16 PM EDT
I just received my 10 ProMags for my Colt 9mm. I was leary of trying them after I heard the early ones had problems. My reasoning for buying was: If Bushmaster (now) includes them with their rifle, they must have the bugs worked out.

I did a range test today, and all the mags worked perfectly, including the bolt hold-open feature. They were easy to load by hand. No sore fingers from an overly-stiff spring.

For $11.00 per mag, I have no complaints at all.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:23:42 PM EDT
What vendor? Natchez? CDNN?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
Well that makes me feel better. I purchased 6 from Natchez last week for my upcoming build.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:02:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Model_One:
What vendor? Natchez? CDNN?

Natchez had them for $11 but they're out now. They won't ship to TN so I had a friend in VA order 15 and mail them to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:50:07 PM EDT
I am waiting on four that I ordered from CDNN, I hope I have the same results you did......
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:00:03 AM EDT
there was a thread where bushmaster stated that they were in fact pro-mags
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:18:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
there was a thread where bushmaster stated that they were in fact pro-mags

I saw that thread but couldn't find it again so I posted the Bushmaster comments in this new thread.

If someone can provide the link to that thread I'll do the same there, to spread the word.
Top Top