Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:00 AM EDT
Does anyone have a Colt 22lr Conversion Kit that they wouldn't mind takeing a few detailed pictures of for me???

I have the Ciener, M261, and CZ V22 conversions, but I saw a picture of Colt's version and I was wondering how it was built.  From the picture it kind of looked similar to the CZ.

Please post some pics or email them to me.

Thanks,
Edwin
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone even own one?????
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone even own one?????

JEEEEZZ,  I just got home and found the post..  I got to take pics, pull them off camera, touch them up, save them, then upload them, then post them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Many thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Please do not link these pics, you all is more than free to "save as" and use them yourselves --

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting!!!

Are you selling yours?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish Colt still made those. I can't figure out if any of the other manufacturers are direct copies or not. I am going to see if I can find a pic of the CZ previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
DPMS is using the COLT device, they took and bored the fake case away with a .450" bit, leaving a doughnut at the front,  then cut the barrel so it slides into the doughnut' bore, thus using the real 22LR chamber in the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone make an exact copy with the insert which goes into the .223 chamber ? Probably not. This looks very close to the Colt except without the chamber insert. Ciener's bolt doesn't look like the Colt to me.

DPMS Assembly
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Does DPMS also sell the conversion kit all by itself?  I did a quick look on the DPMS site and can only find the 22lr rifles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does DPMS also sell the conversion kit all by itself?  I did a quick look on the DPMS site and can only find the 22lr rifles.

yes
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
That is great to know.

The Colt (and DPMS) look very similar to the CZ V22.  I'll have to pic up one of the DPMS because I don't want to spend 300+ on a Colt conversion.

It is pretty neat that Colt put the ejector right on the mag.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Actually, it's not. Without that feature, there are all kinds of other common .22 mags we'd be able to adapt to run in the DPMS etc., but because of that we're limited to pretty much the "right" magazines.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Ya forgot about the Air Force .22 conversion. It uses the big white mags.

I'd be more than happy to get you a few pics if you're interested
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it's not. Without that feature, there are all kinds of other common .22 mags we'd be able to adapt to run in the DPMS etc., but because of that we're limited to pretty much the "right" magazines.

I understand, but

The reason why I like it is because I am not really interested in 22lr, I made this post so I can learn more about Colt's system for modification to 22WMR and more specifically 17HMR.  The ejector on the mag is nice because I need to have a custom mag anyway.

I do respect why you said, though.

Post any conversion kit pics you have.

I never seen the Air Force kit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#15]

a little dirty since i jsut got back from the range. works great. It's got a functioning gas key, although im sure it does little.... but it sure helps...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like the Air Force unit with the bolt hold open after the last round!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top