Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:00:11 AM EDT
I had a round go off not fully chambered. Flash of smoke in my face, bullet lodged in the barrel.  It's a dpms CMP model. I think the rifle was a bit dirty. The feed ramp had lots of crud on it.  If you hear a funny noise, check the barrel.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing it was just .22lr. It looks like it could have been bad if it were anything larger.

Any damage to the gun or you?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS .22 uppers do that....usually blows apart the mag.  Happened on my DPMS bull bbl .22, I scrub the chamber often and it helps...EYE Protection a must!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe DPMS .22 setups are picky on ammo. I managed to do that with some Reminton ammo. I switched to CCI Mini Mag and Winchester Dynapoint, and didn't have it happen again.

I will second keeping the chamber and feed ramp clean. If you do, the DPMS system can be 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i had the same thing happen on a ciner setup with a kuhel barrel,  Though it was still new with very few rounds through it.  good thing the mags are made of steel.  Now that i have switched to HV ammo no problem.  and keep it clean
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Did that to my CZ .22 upper twice, blew apart my mag both times and broke the ejector rod the second.

POS.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Good reminder to check the barrel.  I had allready forgot.  The guns still in my car.  I'll probably forget again though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
My GOD! why dont they do something about this, it seems like this is excepted. Thats like putting razor blades in playdoh and saying "oh just be careful"

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top