Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:57:02 PM EDT
i have a sub gun class coming up and our umps arent in yet if i take my 9mm colt upper and block and instal it on our dept colt full auto lowers  circa 1973    will it function or is there a hammer issue   thanks guys  jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It will work.  

You should install a heavy 9mm buffer.

Possibly have the bolt ramped so you do not damage the lowers.
(KNS Pins also availible)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
i odnt want to have anything permantly done to the weapon as its a temporary fix while im in the class   if i stay with the standard buffer what will happen??     thanks   jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Jim;

What kind of stock are you using, fixed or collapsing?  If it's the fixed stock, you'll be fine with the original buffer.  If it's a collapsing stock, the heavy 9mm buffer would be a good idea to make the gun more pleasant to shoot and reduce the abuse on the lower.  It takes all of ten seconds to change over.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, the heavy buffer takes more energy for the bolt to move the same distance, so you have less energy transfered to your hammer, hammer pin.. etc...

A buffer takes less than a minute to exchange, and you will not damage anything by doing it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top