Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:09:07 PM EDT
I only want the Lower not the upper is any one selling just the lower?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I only want the Lower not the upper is any one selling just the lower?

Oly says they will sell the stripped lowers in the next few months.  I think that they're low on their priority so it might be a while.  Have you considered selling your upper and buying the complete rifle?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The KxGL lowers are currently only for sale as complete firearms, though this is going to change within the next year at some point. But they have a pretty large number of backorders for the rifles that need to be filled before this can happen. I suggest you keep an eye on www.oa2.org, the Olympic Arms Owners' Association website, because the news will probably be announced there first. My understanding is that the release is planned for this summer sometime.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I also think that they are working on the issue of aftermarket mags sometimes not dropping free. Also as I mentioned in another thread, A small notch needs to be made to the upper to make room for the bolt hold open piece.

Nox
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like it might be worth it to wait a little while as it sounds like Oly might be tweaking this a bit (hopefully that ugly mag-release).

I have been wanting one for a while and am a c-hair away from ordering on but for some reason I have this gut feeling that Glock will release a carbine in the next year. I can wait until summer to see if Oly makes some improvements on this.

If they start selling the lowers that would be cool too. At this point I'm pretty much sold on a complete rifle, because if I do get one I'm going to have it converted to an LRM 169 anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been wanting one for a while and am a c-hair away from ordering on but for some reason I have this gut feeling that Glock will release a carbine in the next year. I can wait until summer to see if Oly makes some improvements on this.

that glock carbine rumor has been around forever. there's always next year.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I am waiting to see if MGI comes out with a Glock magwell for their modular lower
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top