Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:48:29 PM EDT
I just went through the four pages mere "members" have access to in this forum and there were a number of threads about "is this ammo good for..." and "should I avoid this..."  I was looking for the thread (obvoiusly more than a month old) about which .22lr worked best in conversions and adapters.

I think it would be helpful to have this sort of data tacked at the top of the forum to keep it fresh and available.

Just my 2¢ worth...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
$20  will get you there.    

You got any idea to time frame, title, keyword, or who might have posted, easier to find if you know who replied in the topic or started it.

I can work on pulling it back up, if it is in the 30 day float, as archive can only be linked, and seen by those who pay $20 or more for actual privelidges.

EDIT - I did a quick search for  "22LR"  in archive, and a load of topics came back.  Regular search came up w/54 topics, nothing specific for prefered ammo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Membership is well worth it for research alone!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I'm both a poor retired GI AND a poor college student.  The $20 it costs goes for range time and ammo...  Not that I'm happy about this, it's just the way it is.

ETA: I forgot to mention NRA and TX State Rifle Assn dues too.  Staying involved is expensive.  

I still think tacking this sort of data would be helpful for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are thinking .22LR, in general there are SO MANY combinations of conversion, bbl length, can/no can, spring set, mag variations, that it is almost impossible to say something like "Yes CCI Blazer works in a Ciener M16 conversion."

CCI mini-mags are pretty much the gold standard of comparison.  Mini-mags probably will run in more .22 conversions than any other rimfire.  But they're expensive.

As for 9mm, once you get out of the rimfire mode, there's very little that won't run a colt 9mm.  Just avoid +P+ and you should be good to go.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top