Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:57:56 AM EDT
Anyone know who makes Bushmaster's 9mm mags for their new 9mm rifle?

Are these Colt copies?  They are not listed in their mag section for sale.  Maybe this could be a solution to the Colt mag shortage?

Roy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
They are promags.

Certainly not a solution because they are shakey at best in most rifles.  I had to modify mine to get them to work properly in my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are promags.

Certainly not a solution because they are shakey at best in most rifles.  I had to modify mine to get them to work properly in my rifle.

How extensive were the mods? and what rifle?  At $50 cheaper each, you can justify a lot of mods.  Damn, the Colt OE mags are so expensive, it's almost cheaper to go with Beta-Mags. (Never thought I'd say that)  It's a shame they're so heavy, even when empty.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 15 Pro Mags that work 100% in my new factory built Rock River. No other magazine will work. At 11 bucks each I am happy with them. I just wonder if a Beta would work in my Rock River as UZI and Colts wont.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster uses colt 9mm pro-mags.  I have used dozens of them and not had one problem.  Sure, there might be a bad apple from pro-mag once in a while, but at the cost, just buy a few, you should be very happy, I am.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for chiming in folks.  Can I ask where the cheapest Pro-Mags can be found?

Thanks

Roy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Natchez, product number ZMCOLA3
$10.99 each in stock
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Promags are fine for range use but not for real world.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Promags

The first samples I seen were actually labeled:

'may be made from domestic or imported components'

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.....I guess they were made somewhere maybe here nor there.....origin EARTH.....lawyers writing up labels to avoid the 'Made in China' moniker.

Sometimes they work well in Hahn adapters (and other brands) often times they do not.  Hahn Precision does NOT recommend using Promag.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Do the Pro Mags hold the bolt open on the last round?

Roy
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do the Pro Mags hold the bolt open on the last round?

Roy

have read hit & miss with the bho.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the link to Natchez?

Thank you,
Scott
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top