Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:34:58 AM EDT
Just bought an A2 length ACE skeleton stock from a guy in the EE, it comes with only the buffer tube and stock. MY question arises becuase I am putting this on my 9mm so do I buy the standard or carbine buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:39:55 AM EDT
Is this a Colt or OLY Style?
I have an ACE Skeleton on my OLY and I used the standard buffer and spring. If it's a full lenght tube I don't think you want to use the carbine spring.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:44:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BOBK48:
Is this a Colt or OLY Style?
I have an ACE Skeleton on my OLY and I used the standard buffer and spring. If it's a full lenght tube I don't think you want to use the carbine spring.

It's a colt style with the drop in mag well adapter, but it is a DPMS 9mm upper.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:17:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:
Just bought an A2 length ACE skeleton stock from a guy in the EE, it comes with only the buffer tube and stock. MY question arises becuase I am putting this on my 9mm so do I buy the standard or carbine buffer and spring?

IF your tube is a "rifle length" tube ----> Use a rifle buffer and rifle spring.

IF your tube is "CAR length" tube ----> Use a CAR spring and CAR style buffer of your choice...

I would at a minimum choose one that duplicates the weight of the rifle buffer, if not more, so anything over 5oz be suitable ---> 5.5oz "9mm", any of the "X" buffer -- 6-7oz be good (I run an A2 stock for my rifle in 556 and 9mm, I have a custom rifle buffer at 7.04oz.

If you want to go lighter, thats your choice.
Top Top