Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:59:45 AM EDT
Yesterday I was shooting with my cousin. He was using my KKF dedicated upper w/ Ciener kit. He pulled the trigger, and had a failure to fire. We dropped the mag, extracted the round, and I noticed there was no primer strike on it. I opened the rifle and pulled out the bolt and noticed that the firing pin "knob" at the back of the unit (what the hamer hits) was missing. I found it in the lower receiver.

So, my question is this. I have ~20,000 rounds through this kit. Should I repair, or replace this unit? If I replace, where is the best place to go for replacement parts? Finally, is there an on-line schematic that shows all of the parts, so I will know exactly what to buy?

Thanks!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:45:37 PM EDT
It sounds like you need a new firing pin. That is the weak link in the Ciener kit and lots of people have broken them.
The easiest thing to do is order a new one from Ciener. There are other folks who have made one at home and say it is easy but I haven't tried that yet. If you order from Ciener, you might as well get 2-3 of them. It will break again and the shipping is the same no matter how many you order.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-prts-lst.htm

Fair warning though...don't try to start a conversation with him. He will just piss you off.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Shooter480:

Fair warning though...don't try to start a conversation with him. He will just piss you off.

LOL, you have been warned!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:24:58 PM EDT
LOL, you probably won't get a sentence in before he gets rude and hangs up the phone. I'd call Rick Kuehl and order a firing pin from him instead. I believe the website is found here
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:37:33 PM EDT
Kuehl might be the way to go.

3-4 years ago I called Ciener about some problems and got some guy working there, or maybe just answering the phone. He was very nice and helpful. He also agreed that Ciener can be a bit of a jerk at times. He told me to send the unit back and they would check it out. I returned it and two weeks later it was back in my hands, running much better...and no charge.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:53:59 PM EDT
I got my new firing pin from KUEHL.

It fit perfectly, and got to my door so fast I barely had time to shoot .223 out of the rifle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:00:08 AM EDT
Thanks guys! I never would have thought of buying the parts through Rick Kuehl. I just e-mailed him checking on price and availability on the parts I need.

Appreciate it!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:23:43 AM EDT
10$ + 2 shipping. Cant be better than that.
Top Top