Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 4:52:03 AM EDT
Has anyone been trying to modify these lately.  I'd like to see some pictures of how it's done.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The only ARs that I have seen using Suomi drums are the ones at www.tommy15.com . Have you seen other modification ? David
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
A shameless plug ?  Well maybe

This is the new Energizer icon. It just keeps going, and going, and going...

EDIT:

I'll post a video of it in action after Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, I don't understand the drum mod thing... people will pay $250 for a Suomi drum with another mag grafted to the top of it, and they have less than reliable track records.  The Tommy15 I just saw at the dealer was on sale for $899 and came with a modified lower/adapter that takes the drums plus it came with a stock 9mm lower so you could use stick mags/adapter of your choice... seemed like a good deal and was less than I paid for mine without the spare lower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The only ARs that I have seen using Suomi drums are the ones at www.tommy15.com . Have you seen other modification ? David

From page 9 of the Sten mags in a Colt 9mm system!! thread. AR-Fan has this picture posted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/877429/sten_drumfull.jpg

I understand not wanting to pay $250 for a modified drum that may or may not work.  But at $30 for a drum and $5 for a sten mag, I wouldn't mind trying to modify one to see if I could get it to run.  

I would like to see what just a lower for the Tommy-15 goes for.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
bump for any info.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Tommy lower with adapter and drum $300 (oly pattern set up)

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did you switch from using Oly lowers?  Is this a complete lower?  Do .40 cal rounds fit in the drum?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you switch from using Oly lowers?  Is this a complete lower?  Do .40 cal rounds fit in the drum?

???? I have 2, one is an Oly set up the other Colt... never tried to stick 40 cal rounds in because I don't have any 40 cal uppers... you should probably email them directly for answers to other questions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Slightly OT, but Robert at RTG parts has a shipment of nice Suomi drums in and very reasonably priced too.  I bought a bunch
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top