Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:47:26 AM EDT
I picked up my new factory buil RRA 9mm AR on Saturday, but didn't get a chance to go shooting until Sunday. The gun is a flat top and I don't have a BUIS or the need for a carry handle. So I can't really give a good report on the accuracy of the gun without a rear sight. Anyway, the main thing that I was wanting to find out was the reliability of the magazine system. The gun came with one 25 round modified uzi mag. When I first get to the place where I shoot I loaded 5 rounds into the mag. To get the mag to seat properly you have to give it a pretty good shove. I saw where RRA moderator said if everyone would just slide it in until it seats they wouldn't have as many problems. Well I tried, and there is no way this mag is seating by sliding it in. However, this didn't seem to be a problem to me as it seemed like it was going in easier everytime I tried it.

With 5 rounds loaded into the mag I chamber a round and slowly fire the 5 rounds without no problem what so ever. I load 25 rounds into the mag this time and slowly fire them from the shoulder aiming as best I could. Once again no problems to report at all. The brass is flying like it is having no problem at all of extracting. I load another 25 rounds and slowly fire them without a problem of any kind. The last mag I loaded 25 rounds and fire 10 at a normal rate of fire. Then I rapid fired the last 15 rounds just because I wanted to.

I put 80 rounds in total through the gun yesterday with no problems of any kind. Like I said that brass was flying quite a few feet away, so it seemed that everything was working fine. The only two negative things that I have to comment on was not having a BUIS. I couldn't tell at all about the accuracy of the gun. The other thing that sucked was only having one mag! After I buy a BUIS and a few more mags I think I will be good to go. I guess I will stick with the modified uzi mags consdiering I didn't have any kind of problems. If I am placing an order from CDNN I may try 2 of the waffle mags.

Just to clarify on what I was running...factory built RRA 9mm with modified uzi mag. I was using a mixture of WWB and Lancer ammo. Needless to say I am excited about this purchase and was glad to get through those first 80 rounds without a problem. With some of the negative feedback I am seeing about these guns I figured I would give a positive report.

Blaker
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:33:02 AM EDT
What kind of mag block did you use in the lower?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:08 AM EDT
I guess it's the RRA magblock...whatever came in it from the factory.
Top Top