Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2003 4:40:04 AM EDT
How makes a .22LR Upper that can run full auto out of the box?

If there is no such thing, what's a good upper to start with and who can modify it?

Where can I get those cool hi-cap mags for .22LR?  Shooting only 10 rounds at a time in full auto isn't fun.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#1]
does an excellent job making modified uppers -  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ciener makes M16 kits that include the sear trip and anti-bounce weight for running full-auto.  They also have 30-round magazines (but they're $100-150 these days).  So any of the uppers based on the Ciener kit will work.  That includes Kuehl, Kurt(KKF), and I think Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kuehl upper should run well out of the box. I have a Kuehl upper that runs great, but I had to file down the feedlips on a couple of mags as they were sitting higher than my other mags and causing it to jam (ejecting on the feedlip).  This problem was not related to the upper.  It was due to the manufacturing of the mags.  Before I used my Kuehl upper for the first time, I polished the rails and it functioned extremely well.  I'm not sure if this polishing was necessary for reliable functioning, but I did it anyway.  I did find that after shooting a brick or two through the kit, the recoil spring was not strong enough to strip the first couple of rounds on a thirty round mag.  I ordered a $3.00 recoil spring from Lakeside and cut a few coils off the spring.  The tension is stronger and I have no problems shooting with a full thirty round magazine.  

Here's a pic of it:
[img]http://home.netcom.com/~brownhen/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/m16-22wcinchedmags.jpg.w560h319.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top