Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/2/2003 6:59:18 PM EDT
I just came into possession of two bare Colt lowers marked 9mm. They are LEO marked lowers. I want to make one into a 9mm carbine. I have read every post about 9mm's in this section and am still confused. Does someone make a lower parts kit specifically for a 9mm? It appears I need a different hammer and buffer at the least. I want to make it as close as I can to how Colt makes them, including using Colt mags with the last round bolt hold-open. Can you buy a Colt conversion block, or if not who's block is closest to Colt? This fever is bad. I just bought my first AR a month ago!!!

Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:45:07 PM EDT
Ok Ill bite:I'm not aware of anyone making a 9mm lower parts kit...I've seen some package deals with upper mag block and kit but these have all been second hand...You will need a 9mm buffer and hammer yes...There seems to be two styles of Colt blocks one piece and two piece..I'm not sure which was used originally in Colt 9mm's,Both are still available....Having said that may I ask why All colt parts only?...As someone once said "Is it all Colt?Only your wallet know for sure"....May I ask few more questions?...Do the lowers have "holes" in the magwell area to take the pins to hold the magblocks in?...Is this a small fire control pin or large pin lower?....What are the legalities of owning a LEO lower and building a rifle from it?...Are you a LEO?..If so I'm sure colt will sell everything you need with letterhead...Sorry I cant be any more help,I only own RRA 9mm's..I do know that all "Colt style" 9mm part will interchange...Cant say if theres a difference in quality but I do know theres a difference in price....If theres anything I've said that's untrue hopefully someone will chime in..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:31:46 AM EDT
Occasionally you will see people selling Colt SMG kits on the board. I have bought a number of kits from people here. Email or IM me if you are looking for any part(s) in particular.
Top Top