Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 5:47:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 7:38:30 AM EDT by Spaatz]
I just shot my Ciener .22 conversion for the first time yesterday. It was a blast! Only one malfunction in over 200 rounds fired. The only thing that was less than cool was every time I fired the charging handle jumped back at me a little. On the first shot I thought the charging handle was going to hit me on the nose. I just about dropped my rifle. When I got home and went to clean my rifle I saw on the bottom of the charging handle where the Ciener was hitting it. It left a pretty good gouge in the charging handle. Have any of you experienced the same or similar things? If so how did you fix it? THANKS!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:26:51 PM EDT
I have noticed that when charging the rifle the handle will not latch (lock). I ALWAYS check the handle to be sure it is latched. I don't know why this happens but it is simple enough to give it a nudge to lock it. Perhaps the spirngs are not heavy enough. Once latched the the handle should not move. If it does, get to a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:04:44 AM EDT
The charging handle is latched just fine after chambering a round (both by hand, and by recoil). When the recoil moves the bolt towards the rear of the rifle the bolt is hitting the underside of the charging handle and causing it to move towards the rear. When the bolt goes forward again it brings the charging handle forward. I'm thinking of installing an O ring at the back end of the Ciener recoil spring to see if that solves the problem.
Top Top