Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2003 9:04:25 AM EDT
What is the "stock spacer" for 9mm upper kits an how does it work? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:33:33 PM EDT
The Colt style 9mm system was designed around a CAR-length buffer and buffer tube. If you're gonna run it with a full length buffer tube, you put the stock spacer in the back end of the tube, then a CAR action spring, and then the CAR length 9mm buffer. Sluggo
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:51:40 AM EDT
How essential is it to use a 9mm buffer and spring? I was under the impression that most people run with the stock CAR or fixed stock buffer and spring and it still works.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:44:58 AM EDT
What I am planning is to mate a RRA 9mm upper with my existing 5.56 A2 fixed stock lower. Will the 9mm upper cause problems using the standard fixed stock buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:13:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SOF1: What I am planning is to mate a RRA 9mm upper with my existing 5.56 A2 fixed stock lower. Will the 9mm upper cause problems using the standard fixed stock buffer and spring?
View Quote
Mine is on a std full size tube-spring-buffer. No problem. No need for a spacer, CAR spring and 9mm buffer in a full size assembly, as the springs are the same rating, and the full size buffer is 5.1 oz anyway. Use the CAR stuff in a CAR stock/tube.
Top Top