Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 7:43:15 AM EDT
A while back I had posted a question about mag blocks w/the bolt hold open feature.  There was a bunch of good info, but silly me I forgot to copy it down, and now it is past 30 days since the post.  Could one of the members be so kind as to search farther back for it?  My intent is to tag it on to my post of mag block info on the tacked thread at the top, so that everyone can use the info.  Thanks!

Also, if you can recommend a good block with the bolt hold open feature, I would appreciate that too.  Figure I might as well get one so when they start crankin out colt mags next Sept. I can make good use of them!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
So...if a member couldn't search farther back than 30 days, could the moderator maybe dig up that old post for me?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA blocks are nice.  They are a copy of the Colt style.  Don't get too excited about the Colt mags.  Only Colt makes them and even the LEO mags are about $50 each IIRC.  You are probably still better off with Uzi mags.  JMHO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...guess that info is lost forever. [:(]

Paul,  I know how much mags are, but my hope is that the prices will come down after the ban goes away.  If not, I still have the option to use the uzi mags.  Do you have a RRA block?  I heard they have issues with not seating properly/sliding around sometimes
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry DAWG i did i search back 6 months and nothing came up..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for trying Underdog!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hmm...guess that info is lost forever. [:(]

Paul,  I know how much mags are, but my hope is that the prices will come down after the ban goes away.  If not, I still have the option to use the uzi mags.  Do you have a RRA block?  I heard they have issues with not seating properly/sliding around sometimes
View Quote

Yes, I have one.  I bought it from Pete Whatshisname.  Your only other option if you want to use Colt mags (besides Colt mag block) is to buy a Crossfire block or a Tacblock (copy of Crossfire design).  They are no longer being produced, so you will have to scour the boards to find one.  I like mine, but I haven't used it that much to give a good recommendation.  It did move a little on me the last time out IIRC, but I didn't crank down on it very hard because I was afraid of damaging the lower (Colt M16A1).  I have heard rave reviews of the Crossfire block, but even they can and have fallen out in use.

I hope the mags get cheap too, but I am not going to hold my breath.  I don't know if Colt has a patent on them, but I think they are the only ones than make the way they do.  I would think a spring loaded bolt hold open actuating follower for Uzi mags would be easy to make.  I kind of cooled on the idea of a bolt hold open device when I realised that most subguns don't have that feature.

Happy shopping.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Aha!  Thanks Paul- maybe you were the one who had responded to my previous post.  Crossfire and Tacblock were the ones I knew but couldn't remember the name of, thus my search for the old post.

There was someone who actually came up with a prototype follower that did just what you mentioned.  If and when I actually get my 9mm togther here with a block that will actuate the hold open, I plan to see if I can come up with a simple mod to the uzi mag follower.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top